Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hellwig swaybar installed......
Well, here we go. The installation was very straight forward without any surprises. The directions are very clear and thorough. I decided not to weld the sleeves in because the bar will not be in rough service.
As far as drilling into the frame is was not very hard. Once the bar is connected loosely to the axle (with the vehicle on the ground) you can connect the end links at a height that result in the bar being horizontal (level, not leaning up or down). Once you mark the spots just drill away!
There is nothing in the way other than the oem exhaust mount on the passenger side that you need to clear. So, on the drivers side, the end link needs to move forward slightly. You can see in the pictures what I mean. It took us about two and a half hours going slow and combined with the Titan diff. cover install. So if you know what you are doing it shouldn't take more that an hour and a half to two hours. It was nice to have a lift handy to raise and lower the truck as necessary though.
Now, as far as driving impressions.... I mounted with the suggested position for street use in the opening all the way back on the bar. Currently it is much more stable yet surprisingly supple. It is not rough or harsh. However I would like to try it in another position to see what kind of increased stiffness I can achieve so I may move it soon. One thing is certain....I NEED BETTER TIRES AND WHEELS NOW! 207
Oh, once more thing. The Titan diff. cover clears perfectly, but I had to disconnect the eBrake line from the old covers mount. I will have to come up with a solution, right now it just dangles there. Here is another pic. The OEM cover was too hot to touch after a drive home from Napa to Sac (freeway speeds, 62 miles) I can hold my hand on this cover without having to take it off! The larger ones like that Mag-Hitec are too deep and won't clear the bar or the spare. 174

I am sooooo ready for the UpRev now!
The cover Definitely stands out now! Looks good!
05 Nissan Frontier 4x4, Stillen SuperCharger, BFG AT's Tongue
I was hoping to "glass bead" the cover to make it look real nice, but, my buddy sold his glass bead chamber. 174

Nice install MO! What viscosity you running in the final?
[Image: sigph.jpg]
Thanks. I have the oem spec viscosity in synthetic I think. We had just changed it about 7-8K ago so we saved it and topped it off when we refilled it. I wanted a deep cover but it wont fit with the spare and the bar in their. This one is a nice upgrade...Dave @ Hellwig gave it to me for free. Fits perfect. 207

By the way...that is my buddy in the background of the photo of the passenger side and the crap all over the rear driver's wheel is the oil leaking from the seal....got it fixed under warranty last week. Need to clean it now. 174
Free? howd you swing that? My oem cover used to measure around 190-195 after freeway driving. Now 150 and 180 towing. Nice addition for your truck. Heat is a bad thing. 164
I was talking with him on the phone and mention the deep diff. covers and he said he had a Titan oem cover sitting on his desk from when they fabbed a bar that goes around the deep covers for the Titan. He said I could have it, just pay shipping. 165
Now, it is not a deep one, but the deep ones would be a verrrrry tight fit in there. This one fits perfect. 166
MOBEEBO Wrote:I was talking with him on the phone and mention the deep diff. covers and he said he had a Titan oem cover sitting on his desk from when they fabbed a bar that goes around the deep covers for the Titan. He said I could have it, just pay shipping. 165
Now, it is not a deep one, but the deep ones would be a verrrrry tight fit in there. This one fits perfect. 166

Saved you $150... 166
Yeah, nice huh? I am lovin' it. 165
Nice!!! 207
[Image: 5260151.jpeg]
Mobeebo, do you do any off roading?
Nope. Unless you count going down my father in laws gravel driveway.... 167
Updates....Are you still liking the swaybar?
Yes. IMO it should have come on the NISMO stock. The truck handles soooo much better. Best mod so far! 207
MOBEEBO Wrote:Yes. IMO it should have come on the NISMO stock. The truck handles soooo much better. Best mod so far! 207

That's AWESOME! Glad to hear it! 185
This my next mod. I definitly need to get a rear swaybar! too much body roll with 3" SL lift and 1" BL.
2006 Frontier CC 4x4 LE NISMO SPORT Stormgray -
Performance: Airaid Quickfit CAI w/AEM dry filter, XTP I.M.S., 2* Advance,TB Screen removal, Magnaflow Y-pipe, SuperChips Cortex
Exterior: OEM running boards, OEM hood guard, PIAA Xtreme White Plus bulbs in headlights & Fogs, Black Bullet BullBar, PIAA 520 Ion Crystal fogs, Hidden Hitch, OEM Nismo skidplates, Truck-Tec tonneau,Thule rack w/wind deflector,Billet Grill 4 piece
Interior: Pioneer AVIC-F700BT Navigation, Blue LED swap in Gauges
Suspension: PRG Advanced 4WD 2.5" lift w/TC UCAs, 1" DIY BL, Suspension Connection Titan Sway bar bushings
Wheels/Tires: American Outlaw Buckshot 17x9 wheels, 265/70/17 Nitto Terra-Grappler ATs
Other: McMaster-Carr Hood lift mod, Painted wiper panel.
Took mine off!
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
(07-31-2010, 07:38 PM)mdawg4x4 Wrote:  Took mine off!

Did you sell it?Wink
2006 Frontier CC 4x4 LE NISMO SPORT Stormgray -
Performance: Airaid Quickfit CAI w/AEM dry filter, XTP I.M.S., 2* Advance,TB Screen removal, Magnaflow Y-pipe, SuperChips Cortex
Exterior: OEM running boards, OEM hood guard, PIAA Xtreme White Plus bulbs in headlights & Fogs, Black Bullet BullBar, PIAA 520 Ion Crystal fogs, Hidden Hitch, OEM Nismo skidplates, Truck-Tec tonneau,Thule rack w/wind deflector,Billet Grill 4 piece
Interior: Pioneer AVIC-F700BT Navigation, Blue LED swap in Gauges
Suspension: PRG Advanced 4WD 2.5" lift w/TC UCAs, 1" DIY BL, Suspension Connection Titan Sway bar bushings
Wheels/Tires: American Outlaw Buckshot 17x9 wheels, 265/70/17 Nitto Terra-Grappler ATs
Other: McMaster-Carr Hood lift mod, Painted wiper panel.
(08-02-2010, 01:56 PM)NCFronty Wrote:  
(07-31-2010, 07:38 PM)mdawg4x4 Wrote:  Took mine off!

Did you sell it?Wink
No. Keeping it in case I go back to stock.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SWAYBAR ON THE WAY! MOBEEBO 18 10,935 05-17-2008, 10:26 PM
Last Post: MOBEEBO