Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unichip Group Buy
I just received an e-mail about 10 min ago from Dillon Prickett at Unichip. He said that Unichip is looking at setting a group buy for us Frontier owners pretty soon.
Biologists do it in their GENES!
bigdog
Shift_Fanatic Join Date: Mar 2008

That's cool; I just received an email from him too and was about to start a similar thread. I asked him a bunch of different questions and here is how he responded (my email with his response threaded in italic):

I have been reading about the Unichip product for the past couple days and am very excited to see that it works with my '06 Nissan Frontier. But I do have a couple questions before I purchase and there don't seem to be any local stores to me.

1. First question, I buy a lot of stuff from autoanything and they sell your product. But when I go to their website and enter my vehicle info it does not come back as available. Should I enter a different vehicle, or do they not sell the unit for my truck?

Thank you for your interest in our product. The Frontier kit is new so auto anything may not have the part number yet. That number is 2340061 When you order the kit you need to specify exactly what mods you currently have.

NOTE1: It looks like they have options for stock, cai, catback, and cai+catback. I selected cai+catback and it asked me which cai. The options for CAI are: AirRaid, K&N FIPK, NISMO CAI, and Volant. Based on this selection you will get a different map number
NOTE2: I called autoanything and they can get this for us eventhough its not on the web. Their price is $589 with free shipping. Not sure if you could apply coupons on top of that, but I would assume so.

2. Some of the features that we are looking for in a chip (beside the ones that are obvious from your website) include:
* Disable WOT restriction
* Disable top speed restriction
* Improve MPG
* Adjust speedo for tire size

I'd be interested to see if your product addresses any of these.

* The Unichip does not get rid of the WOT restriction but it minimizes it.
* Our R&D guys are currently working on disabling the Top Speed restriction.
* We cannot claim an MPG improvement but if you ask some of our current users, they will advise that it does.
* The Unichip can adjust the speedometer for tire size changes, however this needs to be done on a dyno.

3. I was very excited that your tunes seem to be CAI specific. That seems to imply that you have done some research using a variety of configurations. I am wondering how many frontiers you actually put on the dyno?

We use the same frontier on our dyno each time, but with different parts installed to get all of our calibrations.

4. Also wondering if you've cracked all of our ECUs, or if there could be a delay based on the ECU number installed?

Not sure about all of the ECU's being cracked but assume so. I'd need to ask R&D.

5. The Flux product seems very interesting, but I don't currently own a compatible PDA, mine is the palm so. So while I'd like this option, I'm not sure I can afford to run out and buy a new pda too. Not to mention that I was thinking of going with iPhone if and when I did upgrade. Any chance you are compatible with palm and/or iphone?

Our FLUX software is only compatible with Pocket PC 2003 and windows mobile 5.0-6.0 you can purchase the Flux software at a later time if you decide to get a compatible pda.

6. What's not clear is how do I flip through the tunes, and adjust tire size and such without the flux product.

The Unichip will come with a Map A/B switch so you can change back-and-fourth between 2 maps. With Flux you can have up to 5 maps and switch between them via Bluetooth.

7. Finally I am always looking for a discount, so if there is an active coupon code that would be great. I am also a member of a pretty large frontier club Club Frontier - Nissan Frontier Forum and as a group we are always looking for new products for our vehicles and group buying opportunities. Wondering what opportunities there might be to put together a group buy?

There is no active coupon code for the Frontier kit, However we may be organizing a group buy on one of the forums soon.
07 SE KC 4x4 6M M226 3.538 10"R/10"F Wheel Travel
Volant CAI
SuperChip Tuned
FlowMaster Delta 50 2.25" 2 in 1 out Y-Pipe
PRG Frontier Titan Swap 4" Lift In Front; 2.0 Radflos, SPC UCA
Shackle/Leaf/Bilstein - 3" Lift In Rear
Rock Sliders And Shrockworks Skid Plate Set

285/75/16 Goodyear Wranglers
slickyboyboo Wrote:I just received an e-mail about 10 min ago from Dillon Prickett at Unichip. He said that Unichip is looking at setting a group buy for us Frontier owners pretty soon.

Cool, thanks for the heads up. 185
05 Nissan Frontier 4x4, Stillen SuperCharger, BFG AT's Tongue
Keep us updated. I might be in, depending on price.
06 NISMO - 2" PRG spacer/deaver - Banks Power - Cooper STT's on Pathfinder wheels - PIAA's
06 Titan - 2" PRG spacer/blocks - Banks Power - Volant - 33" Toyos - Carriage works grille - Bully dog tuner
91 Hardbody SEV6 Auto 4x4. 95 frame. 2" suspension lift ARB springs Calmini UCA/shackles SwayAway T-bars. 2" body lift. Custom exhaust with magnaflow. 33x12.5R15 DC MC Tires on 15x10 Ultra 50/51 aluminum wheels. Custom bed, sliders, and bumpers coming soon!
66 Patrol.... it's orange...

Did this die out? I'm going to buy the unichip real soon.
'08 Nismo 4x4 Silver King Cab 6 Speed M226 3.69 w/ Nismo CAI, Unichip w/ Flux Display, JBA Ceramic Headers & JBA Stainless Catback Exhaust, TBS, TBS coolant-bypass & screen delete
Not to be a downer on unichips but my 1st one went bad they replaced it about a month after i sent it to them now I have the second 1 in the box and a cortex in the frontier.My truck had problems starting and I know for a fact im not the only one.I wouldnt even sell the one i have here.[/align]
(08-09-2009, 02:33 PM)johnscooling Wrote:  Not to be a downer on unichips but my 1st one went bad they replaced it about a month after i sent it to them now I have the second 1 in the box and a cortex in the frontier.My truck had problems starting and I know for a fact im not the only one.I wouldnt even sell the one i have here.[/align]

Hi and welcome to Fronty spot. Sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you.
05 Nissan Frontier 4x4, Stillen SuperCharger, BFG AT's Tongue