Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
superchip released cortex programmer for our trucks
Shift_Avenger Wrote:Now you guys need to take the trucks to the track and report back with the numbers!!

Well Scottsbro is in Houston so that aint gonna happen until prolly May. Now if you mean our trucks as in wife n I.... That prolly wont happen either. I just couldnt live with myself after dusting the little guy. 165 My truck doesnt have that dreaded shift lag from 3rd to 4th. Oh, and the Cortex changes your shift points too.. 185
[Image: sigph.jpg]
krh2 Wrote:
Shift_Avenger Wrote:Now you guys need to take the trucks to the track and report back with the numbers!!

Well Scottsbro is in Houston so that aint gonna happen until prolly May. Now if you mean our trucks as in wife n I.... That prolly wont happen either. I just couldnt live with myself after dusting the little guy. 165 My truck doesnt have that dreaded shift lag from 3rd to 4th. Oh, and the Cortex changes your shift points too.. 185

What would you estimate the power-to-weight ratio of your 2 trucks (yours and Sandi's) to be? They are only 1.6L difference, but just how fast and how much air can you put into Sandi's 4.0L?

And, has she embarrassed you on the freeway? 163
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
mdawg4x4 Wrote:
krh2 Wrote:

What would you estimate the power-to-weight ratio of your 2 trucks (yours and Sandi's) to be? They are only 1.6L difference, but just how fast and how much air can you put into Sandi's 4.0L?

And, has she embarrassed you on the freeway? 163

someone has done the math. tc3 maybe. the math says she should stomp me blower or not. But my butt says no way. My truck has so much low end torque I have to be carefull at stop lights or people think I am showing off/challenging them. One day we'll run em. 164
yea it can record as well as the g tech can, and if my g tech was true then i would have the fastest n/a fronty with a 14.5 1/4 mile time..lol
2006 King Cab SE 4x4 6spd, black exterior/black interior, hid black halo headlights, led tailights, led 3rd brake light, lincoln navi type back grille, stock black painted rims
performance:volant cai, gibson cat-back, wrp grounding kit, wrp lignthend crank pulley

[Image: qborotali100h.jpg]
reverendbiker Wrote:I could possibly be interested in the Cortex IF it reprogrammed automatic transmission for firmer shifts--in my opinion the biggest weakness of my truck. I've used other performance programmers (Diablo, SCT, etc) and have found that the greatest benefit is usually to the transmission shift qualities rather than the slight horsepower gains. I contacted Superchips and, alas, this unit does absolutely nothing to help the Nissan slushbox. I'll have to pass.

I agree. I don't find the engine being under pepped but the auto trans is very "squishy".

I think a trans shift controller would be more useful.
[size=4]Injen intake
2.5 dual into 3"single muffler exhaust
B/A S95(3) 6x9 Ft
Kicker ks650.2 6.5 component RR
Kenwood KAC-7204 Amp (mid-tweet)
[/size]
krh2 Wrote:

Guess I should have read a little more!!
[size=4]Injen intake
2.5 dual into 3"single muffler exhaust
B/A S95(3) 6x9 Ft
Kicker ks650.2 6.5 component RR
Kenwood KAC-7204 Amp (mid-tweet)
[/size]
reverendbiker Wrote:I could possibly be interested in the Cortex IF it reprogrammed automatic transmission for firmer shifts--in my opinion the biggest weakness of my truck. I've used other performance programmers (Diablo, SCT, etc) and have found that the greatest benefit is usually to the transmission shift qualities rather than the slight horsepower gains. I contacted Superchips and, alas, this unit does absolutely nothing to help the Nissan slushbox. I'll have to pass.

My shift points have def changed. Quick, firm, at 80 mph you barely hit the gas and it downshifts and puts you in your seat..... 166

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hypertech or Superchip? sundjam1 19 17,794 03-26-2018, 03:34 AM
Last Post: boniel
  SuperChips Cortex 4950 Shift_Avenger 20 20,094 02-25-2012, 09:31 PM
Last Post: Shift_Avenger
  SuperChip Tuner! BlackTigerSE 14 13,069 04-17-2009, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Shift_Avenger
  Hypertech Programmer Newman 3 4,003 01-10-2008, 04:15 PM
Last Post: pckrsguy