Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
superchip released cortex programmer for our trucks
im not sure if this is posted somewhere else but superchips just released a programmer for our trucks http://superchips.com/whats_new.php?wha ... tem_key=20
2006 King Cab SE 4x4 6spd, black exterior/black interior, hid black halo headlights, led tailights, led 3rd brake light, lincoln navi type back grille, stock black painted rims
performance:volant cai, gibson cat-back, wrp grounding kit, wrp lignthend crank pulley

[Image: qborotali100h.jpg]
I'm waiting for the right one at the right price 165
07 SE KC 4x4 6M M226 3.538 10"R/10"F Wheel Travel
Volant CAI
SuperChip Tuned
FlowMaster Delta 50 2.25" 2 in 1 out Y-Pipe
PRG Frontier Titan Swap 4" Lift In Front; 2.0 Radflos, SPC UCA
Shackle/Leaf/Bilstein - 3" Lift In Rear
Rock Sliders And Shrockworks Skid Plate Set

285/75/16 Goodyear Wranglers
What is the price of that chip?
05 Nissan Frontier 4x4, Stillen SuperCharger, BFG AT's Tongue
429 its not a chip its a programmer
2006 King Cab SE 4x4 6spd, black exterior/black interior, hid black halo headlights, led tailights, led 3rd brake light, lincoln navi type back grille, stock black painted rims
performance:volant cai, gibson cat-back, wrp grounding kit, wrp lignthend crank pulley

qborotali Wrote:im not sure if this is posted somewhere else but superchips just released a programmer for our trucks http://superchips.com/whats_new.php?wha ... tem_key=20

I thought they did not get enough test trucks to come up with good maps. Also I think it does not give you WOT.
[Image: 3gears.gif]06 CC 4X2 6sp Avalanche White NISMO SPORT[Image: drive.gif]
[Image: 43d20b1b.jpg]
Click on the picture for my Frontier thread
Shift_Avenger Wrote:
qborotali Wrote:im not sure if this is posted somewhere else but superchips just released a programmer for our trucks http://superchips.com/whats_new.php?wha ... tem_key=20

I thought they did not get enough test trucks to come up with good maps. Also I think it does not give you WOT.

I stand corrected 200 One more to the list of future mods

KEY FEATURES:
* Up to three best-in-class tuning levels
* 91 Octane Performance up to 17 HP & 20 ft/lbs TQ
* 91 Octane Tow up to 16 HP & 19 ft/lbs TQ
* 87 Octane up to 11 HP & 12 ft/lbs TQ
* Improved throttle response (power on demand)
* Wide open throttle restriction removal
* Speed limiter adjustment
* RPM limiter adjustment
* 87 Octane calibration included
* Diagnostic trouble code read and clear capability
* Easy to install
* Internet updateable
* Industry-exclusive 2-year powertrain warranty
* COMING SOON: DAQ 1 and DAQ 2 data acquisition software will be available as a no cost online update.
Does it leave a footprint?

AKA, will a dealer know if you used it?
06 NISMO - 2" PRG spacer/deaver - Banks Power - Cooper STT's on Pathfinder wheels - PIAA's
06 Titan - 2" PRG spacer/blocks - Banks Power - Volant - 33" Toyos - Carriage works grille - Bully dog tuner
91 Hardbody SEV6 Auto 4x4. 95 frame. 2" suspension lift ARB springs Calmini UCA/shackles SwayAway T-bars. 2" body lift. Custom exhaust with magnaflow. 33x12.5R15 DC MC Tires on 15x10 Ultra 50/51 aluminum wheels. Custom bed, sliders, and bumpers coming soon!
66 Patrol.... it's orange...

It does change the ECU parameters but once you unplug it noone knows. The company sais that it will not void your warranty

[Image: whats_new_item-large_image-20.jpg]
Sounds good.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
god bless superchip

I could possibly be interested in the Cortex IF it reprogrammed automatic transmission for firmer shifts--in my opinion the biggest weakness of my truck. I've used other performance programmers (Diablo, SCT, etc) and have found that the greatest benefit is usually to the transmission shift qualities rather than the slight horsepower gains. I contacted Superchips and, alas, this unit does absolutely nothing to help the Nissan slushbox. I'll have to pass.
jack <><
2012 Crew Cab SV
http://www.reverendbiker.com
Bonus/stock options in October.... WOT here I come. Programer for the 04's released this month! 165
[Image: sigph.jpg]
This is good news, although I just went on superchips website and it says the programmer is only for 05'-07' Frontiers. Why do you think this is? Did Nissan alter the ECU on 08' models?
Dauer Wrote:This is good news, although I just went on superchips website and it says the programmer is only for 05'-07' Frontiers. Why do you think this is? Did Nissan alter the ECU on 08' models?

Yes the 08's have a different program you actually need a Consult III machine to read the codes
Dauer Wrote:This is good news, although I just went on superchips website and it says the programmer is only for 05'-07' Frontiers. Why do you think this is? Did Nissan alter the ECU on 08' models?

Same for the Titan. You have to update the programer via internet for the 04 tunes. Takes about 30 minutes. Dont know bout the 08 tunes.
WTF it is not for the xterras? What is the difference between the xterras, frontiers, pathfinders? Arn't they all pretty much the same? Man i bet unichip, uprev all on which are higher and unichip not offering WOT rest. removal are pissed. Man that is a good price for what it does.... and it is a programmer!!!! 203
I just received my Superchips Cortex on Friday but unfortunately my ECU was not in their database so I have been told 5-7 business days before the tech's will have an update for my truck.. This is so painful having the programmer and not being able to use it.
eglaisi Wrote:Does it leave a footprint?

You will have to program it back to stock using the programmer but the dealership will never know you did anything.
05LECC Wrote:
eglaisi Wrote:Does it leave a footprint?

You will have to program it back to stock using the programmer but the dealership will never know you did anything.

And we call THEM "stealers." 180
jack <><
2012 Crew Cab SV
http://www.reverendbiker.com
I hardly think running a progammer on a Vehicle is stealing. Let me rephrase "What I would recommend is putting the ECU back to stock, so the dealership can trouble shoot any issues taking the programmer out of the equation".

Superchips: Cortex is the only programmer on the market that comes with an industry exclusive two-year vehicle powertrain warranty.
that's a very nice perspective, lol....
"it does not matter who started the thread, at the end of the day i will be it's last poster...."
[Image: carph3.jpg]
Me and another 04 Titan guy are goin this route VERY soon... 165
wo0t wo0t here comes a very detailed write up!!!! kevin you make me so jealous. i might just go over to san diago and "borrow" your truck!
"it does not matter who started the thread, at the end of the day i will be it's last poster...."
[Image: carph3.jpg]
Now you guys need to take the trucks to the track and report back with the numbers!!
From reading my manual, with the Cortex you can record 0-60 times, 1/4 mile times and can also compare your results with the other tunes available.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hypertech or Superchip? sundjam1 19 15,185 03-26-2018, 03:34 AM
Last Post: boniel
  SuperChips Cortex 4950 Shift_Avenger 20 17,119 02-25-2012, 09:31 PM
Last Post: Shift_Avenger
  SuperChip Tuner! BlackTigerSE 14 11,016 04-17-2009, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Shift_Avenger
  Hypertech Programmer Newman 3 3,231 01-10-2008, 04:15 PM
Last Post: pckrsguy