Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Consult III Question for Service Tech Types
I was at the local dealer here in Oklahoma City and was talking to the Consult III guy and asked if he had the capability using the Consult to remove the WOT Restriction using the Consult III. He said he wasnt sure and that he hadnt been shown that by those who trained him on it.
So my question to any of the Service Techs who are on this site is, can this be done using the Consult III? If so it would seem a cheaper way to go than going toUprev or using any of the products by SuperChips or the others??
2008 NISMO CC, AFE CAI, ARE LS II, Black SE Rims & Lower front valance, Infinity Kappa's, Alpine Amp, Kenwood HU
A Nissan dealer will not do that. And, if you take your truck in for service, they will reset it for you. Then you have to have it done again.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
mdawg4x4 Wrote:A Nissan dealer will not do that. And, if you take your truck in for service, they will reset it for you. Then you have to have it done again.
I am assuming that you are speaking from the perspective of a "service tech" when you say that?
The guy I spoke with today said if he knew how he would have done it? As far as a service person reseting it, I would imagine that they would inform me about that before they did it. It would seem that if I got him to do it once, he would set it back the way I had it in the event it needed to be reset?

In my experience with all my Nissans anytime the ecu needed to be reset or updated and because of the mods I have done in the past I have always been informed beforehand. I dont hide anything I've done to my vehicles from them because I have had no reason to as of yet. I know that from time to time there are updates that need to be done. Maybe I'm out in left field on this???

I guess what I'm really asking is, is there something Official from Nissan that prohibits the techs from doing this?
2008 NISMO CC, AFE CAI, ARE LS II, Black SE Rims & Lower front valance, Infinity Kappa's, Alpine Amp, Kenwood HU
Speaking as a rep from within Nissan, with no authority, but not a dealer, I would be surprised to see a dealer do that. I would think it would immediately void your warranty. But, again, I am not an authority on the topic.

If I had a Scangage, hypertech, or any other tuner, I would remove it before going to the dealer for service. That being said, I am not opposed to 2 degree advance or the WOT mod and would like to have some version of a tuner myself. I just know how those things are viewed from above the dealer level. If you have a dealer that will change settings in the ECU, tell them to buy out my local dealer, cause they the most anal bunch I have ever tried to deal with.

Good luck.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
mdawg4x4 Wrote:Speaking as a rep from within Nissan, with no authority, but not a dealer, I would be surprised to see a dealer do that. I would think it would immediately void your warranty. But, again, I am not an authority on the topic.

If I had a Scangage, hypertech, or any other tuner, I would remove it before going to the dealer for service. That being said, I am not opposed to 2 degree advance or the WOT mod and would like to have some version of a tuner myself. I just know how those things are viewed from above the dealer level. If you have a dealer that will change settings in the ECU, tell them to buy out my local dealer, cause they the most anal bunch I have ever tried to deal with.

Good luck.

I'm picking up on what your saying but do the programs you spoke of truly void the warranty?
It just seems that Nissan has the capability to do some of the most prized mods we all crave and could be making the money that aftermarket guys are making. I guess saying that makes me somewhat brand loyal but really.
I can see how it might put a dealer in a pinch if something were to go wrong but no more than some of the mods offered to the Z or the Infinity's.
I only offered this up as a discusion topic and I intend to bring it up with my dealer at home when I get there.

Thanks for the info and insight though.
I just know how our local dealers are towards warranty.

My tranny quit shifting and I had one give me flack about an aftermarket sound system and a CB that I installed. I asked him what that had to do with the problem. He made up all kinds of excuses. Like I said, some of them are anal about warranty work.

I love to hear about dealers actually going above and beyond for their customers, but that is so rare these days. I know some have made the 2 degree advance for some Frontier owners, but I have also read where some guys got their truck back and the 2 degree had been removed.

Be sure and let us know if they make the changes you want.