Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Computer mods for 08'
Nissan changed the ECU starting in 08, and I'm not sure what the 09s have. I've been hunting for a programmer for my 08 and so far Ron at Superchips said to check back at the first of the year for their Cortex programmer.

Rich at Uprev said they'll be adding support "shortly" with the Cipher system, and to check their website. I guess they have a wiki going online sometime soon. This is what he said at the beginning of September.
'08 Nismo 4x4 Silver King Cab 6 Speed M226 3.69 w/ Nismo CAI, Unichip w/ Flux Display, JBA Ceramic Headers & JBA Stainless Catback Exhaust, TBS, TBS coolant-bypass & screen delete
To reply to myself here, Unichip's site says it supports 08.
'08 Nismo 4x4 Silver King Cab 6 Speed M226 3.69 w/ Nismo CAI, Unichip w/ Flux Display, JBA Ceramic Headers & JBA Stainless Catback Exhaust, TBS, TBS coolant-bypass & screen delete
that's awesome. hmmm any info for the older models? 05 - 07?

also, welcome to the spot! don't forget to introduce yourself in the member introductions forum.....some pics would be great too! 168
"it does not matter who started the thread, at the end of the day i will be it's last poster...."
[Image: carph3.jpg]
The 05-07s have lots of choice.
http://www.uprev.com/
http://superchips.com/
http://www.unichip.us/

probably more.
d'oh! my bad. my brain was still asleep. also i have not read up on computer mods for the frontier as much as i should have.

also i read somewhere that someone was having his computer tuned by vinny ten who used to drag race supras and now apparently tunes vq engines. do you also recall reading about that?
"it does not matter who started the thread, at the end of the day i will be it's last poster...."
So what are your thoughts on an added SuperCharger for an 05?
05 Nissan Frontier 4x4, Stillen SuperCharger, BFG AT's Tongue
i think you should give that supercharger to me lol

any pistonhead will tell you more power is always good....
Sandi Wrote:So what are your thoughts on an added SuperCharger for an 05?
I never thought about it, but like what KRH2 pointed out in one of the threads about CAI. A CAI is not street legal in CA, but a super charger is? What is up with that? 179
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
Unichip got back to me about my 08:

Our kit for the Frontier comes with 3 maps , selectable by a 3-way switch which you can put in the cabin . The performance map has a feature which manipulates the throttle for much improved low-end torque & throttle response , which seems to be the thing that most guys have a hang up about & loosely call the problem WOT restriction.
Our maps support the 2-degree timing bump thing that some guys already have .

So, basically I'm assuming it won't do the 2 degree mod but will run fine with it if I get it done. Also, I'm not sure what he means by manipulating the throttle. Seams like he's trying to work around the fact that there will still be a throttle restriction. Which might be okay, but I hate the off the line sluggishness. I forgot to ask him about DTC enable/disable which I did in a reply. I'll see what they say about that.

More from them. I asked about remapping too:

Simply mail the chip back to us for a quick re-map to suit any new add-on's.

We do add timing : as much as we want to (the Unichip can do much more than 2-degrees) ; the point I was making was that the truck's knock sensors tolerate our timing changes despite an additional initial 2-degrees.
Good information awing!
05 Nissan Frontier 4x4, Stillen SuperCharger, BFG AT's Tongue
Got my Unichip today, I'll be putting it in tonight. Exhaust is on the way. Hope to have the exhaust installed thanksgiving weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to get a dyno on my truck sometime after this is done. I'm shooting for 300HP+ at the crank. Hopefully this will put 250HP~ at the wheels? Are my estimates on the mark?

I won't be able to get a track time until spring. New England dragway is closed for the winter.
250hp sounds right by my book. but don't be surprised if you get around 235-245...
Yeap you are in the ball park. The last dyno game 227 with an exhaust, intake and TBS. I think I would have done better but I forgot to air up the tires to lower the rolling resistance in the dyno.
[Image: 3gears.gif]06 CC 4X2 6sp Avalanche White NISMO SPORT[Image: drive.gif]
[Image: 43d20b1b.jpg]
Click on the picture for my Frontier thread