Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My 'new' Hardbody!
Res, this is the only time I really saw you stuck and have to use your winch. I just don't like the winch hanging off the front from a receiver hitch, when you can integrate it into a new bumper you are designing anyway.

Eglaisi, I like the one in the pic you posted.

Res got stuck in this low spot. His winch dug in pretty bad. If he hadn't had it, I think he would have been OK. You can see the mud packed into the front of the winch.
[Image: 4x4inlaurel003.jpg]
[Image: 4x4inlaurel001.jpg]
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
As a matter of fact, Eglaisi, Go ahead and integrate your Spring mounts into it. That way you will have a head start on an SAS! 165
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
Nah, IFS fits my wheelin style. SAS is overkill for my needs of this truck. I do plan a 3" suspension lift in addition to the bodylift though. Good point about burying the winch. But I like the fact that you could use it on either the front or the back if need be. Also, taking it off gives peace of mind when it's in storage or parked somewhere. Same from thieves and safe from the elements. I'm doing a drawing of it now in AutoCAD, I will post it up when I'm done.
06 NISMO - 2" PRG spacer/deaver - Banks Power - Cooper STT's on Pathfinder wheels - PIAA's
06 Titan - 2" PRG spacer/blocks - Banks Power - Volant - 33" Toyos - Carriage works grille - Bully dog tuner
91 Hardbody SEV6 Auto 4x4. 95 frame. 2" suspension lift ARB springs Calmini UCA/shackles SwayAway T-bars. 2" body lift. Custom exhaust with magnaflow. 33x12.5R15 DC MC Tires on 15x10 Ultra 50/51 aluminum wheels. Custom bed, sliders, and bumpers coming soon!
66 Patrol.... it's orange...

M'kay here goes:

[Image: V1.jpg]

Oh and I did an oil change yesterday so the total cost of the project is $522.14 165
06 NISMO - 2" PRG spacer/deaver - Banks Power - Cooper STT's on Pathfinder wheels - PIAA's
06 Titan - 2" PRG spacer/blocks - Banks Power - Volant - 33" Toyos - Carriage works grille - Bully dog tuner
91 Hardbody SEV6 Auto 4x4. 95 frame. 2" suspension lift ARB springs Calmini UCA/shackles SwayAway T-bars. 2" body lift. Custom exhaust with magnaflow. 33x12.5R15 DC MC Tires on 15x10 Ultra 50/51 aluminum wheels. Custom bed, sliders, and bumpers coming soon!

eglaisi Wrote:... I'm leaning towards the flat dark green color like it already is, .... with the black wheels and black rollbar. Even the chrome front end looks alright with it.

Wow, what a wild imagination! 165 I am having trouble picturing it, though. 179

Just yankin' yer chain. 164
Hahaha, yeah just look at any picture of it! Except this one, taken when it was still... purple...

[Image: purple-1.jpg]

Can't think of any color I want to paint it. Yours is white, a friend of mine is painting his (actually Im painting his) '86 red, flat black is cliche... not sure I want to take it back to stock 293 a dark blue might be alright...

Majestic blue?

[Image: lot3.jpg]

Satin black?

[Image: DSCN0759.jpg]

Aw heck, I'll just stop thinking about it and pick a color last minute like I did with the 240. Came out okay.

[Image: P1000590.jpg]

Orange would be different.

White actually hides a lot of small problems. Especially on bright, sunny days.
Hmm, you may have something there. A 2tone paintjob, metallic orange and white pearl.

[Image: 41m-XegiqlL._SS500_.jpg]

Could call it the Creamsicle!

I never considered yellow, but I actually don't mind it.

[Image: P1000305.jpg]

Oh, and red is an option, my friend wants to paint his Bayside blue-like.

[Image: 100024577_1_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg]
just the color.. 164

[Image: 10210269431_851EF5C8B44278FB4F1DB936E584...es.hu_.jpg]
just the madness.. 202
[Image: 5260151.jpeg]
Haha, well said balage!

why are you guys still trying to decide the color? i have already suggested flat red with black graphics. i even included a pic of how kick arse that would be. carphreak has spoken. so shall it be done. 191
"it does not matter who started the thread, at the end of the day i will be it's last poster...."
[Image: carph3.jpg]
eglaisi Wrote:Hmm, you may have something there. A 2tone paintjob, metallic orange and white pearl.

[Image: 41m-XegiqlL._SS500_.jpg]

Could call it the Creamsicle!

BRILLIANT!! Make it so. I hadn't thought of those two colors together. 185

Creamsicles are cool AND sweet. 165
[Image: 104_0287.jpg]

I was poking around in my rocker panels tonight (literally), hunting for rust. Bingo, found a weak spot. I'll cut it out, out new steel in, fiberglass it, and run a strip of this stuff over both sides:

[Image: 104_0290.jpg]

It's a bit wide now, so I'll chop it down an inch or two then start riveting it on. Price was right too! My dad picked it up when he had his 93 Hardbody, intended to use it as bed caps but never got around to it.

Oh and I took off the fender flares tonight as well. Since they do nothing to block dirt/mud from going anywhere except behind them against the body which makes it rust alot faster. Plus I think it looks better without them, and clearly this truck is all about the looks.

Oddly enough, that's where I started. Here is an excerpt from one of my build threads. It is sort of comical, so I left it intact. Not trying to postjack. (Maybe you will find a Leatherman in YOUR rocker panel.)

Day two: I have to get the rocker panels fixed before I can install the sliders, so I slapped some bondo on the passenger side. While that set up, I knocked out the 1/2" thick bondo and paper towels that made up the forward portion of my DS rocker.

[Image: 2218930_293_full.jpg]
[Image: 2218930_294_full.jpg]

So I am pulling out the paper towels that the PO used to support the bondo when I find a buried treasure. I gave it to Scooter. Everything works!

[Image: 2218930_295_full.jpg]
[Image: 2218930_296_full.jpg]

I had to quit when I realized I was standing in a rain puddle, tacking patches through a stream of water that ran down the side of the truck.
My new rocker is my old washing machine.

[Image: 2218930_297_full.jpg]
[Image: 2218930_298_full.jpg]
[Image: 2218930_299_full.jpg]
That washing machine came in handy for your Hardbody transformation Res!
Eglaisi, the orange and pearl white would be awesome. Add a small black accent separating the 2 colors.
No such thing as a postjack I think... since it's in off-topic 164

That's funny that you found a Leatherman in there, I wonder what the story is...

While doing bodywork on a car, I found a dolly and a nice pick hammer in the back area to the side where the jack is located on some cars. Kept them obviously and they hang proudly on the toolbox. The customer was happy too, I solved that mysteriously clunking noise that happened when she took off/stopped 165

Gonna make myself some gap liners tonight out of some old rock crusher rubber conveyor belts.

Our rockers are open to the jump seat area. If something small falls into that area, it can easily slide forward into the rocker. I found a bottle of spray perfume and a screwdriver in the passenger rocker.

I found a skoal can in the right front fender when I replaced the front tin. 204

[Image: Chop-Cut-Rebuild070.jpg]
Oh really? That's good. That means after I fix it I can really seal it up with undercoating to prevent future rust. This also means I have to go hunting some more and maybe find some treasure!

Oh, and I lied about making the liners. It was too cold and pouring rain out so I didn't get much done. Picking up the alternator tomorrow morning, so it should be running again tomorrow night. The adjuster is all ready to go (I broke the bolt right off inside the adjuster 183 ) I found a new bolt which I had to run a die over since it wasn't threaded all the way, and retapped the hole. Never-seez goes on it during re-install. That stuf is awesome.

Got the new alty today and threw it in there tonight after work. Had to get a new ACDelco alternator since the Quest type ones wouldn't be available for like 2 weeks, and I was lucky since I got the last Delco one in the system. Anyway, I got a $450 alt for $150+core, so I'm happy. Also happy now that there isn't a horrible squealing sound when the engine runs from the wore out bearings. By the way, the 3" body lift has now come in handy twice. First when I did the oil change (filter is a bugger at stock height) and now changing the alternator. Next up; clean up the old wiring from what I'm guessing is from old lights that were on the rollbar, actually make the gap liners, make a battery tie down clamp, then put her into storage until I get back from Hawaii and figure out when I can start on the cab.

As for color, I might just end up doing a flat job. If I do go through the Creamsicle, I wouldn't want to wheel it and mess up the paint. Since that's what I got the truck for, I figure that's probably not the best route to go. I'm sure it'll need another paint job again in the future, so all hope is not lost!

[Image: 000_0196.jpg]

I honestly didn't think I'd find anything in there. It's a cassette of The Police - Synchronicity 1983. Don't have a tape player to see if it works, but I'd say it doesn't since it's full of dust. 204

Put it on Ebay. 185
Any progress on the creamsicle?
Nice work Eric, BTW, the Wzrd has decided to look for a similar vintage truck and morph the old '91 together with the late 90'1 1st gen as a project truck.
WW
'05 KC NISMO 6 spd.'08 Rogue SL AWD