Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My 'new' Hardbody!
Well, got the paperwork transferred over and such and brought the new child home. Sad to see the Pathfinder go, it was a good truck... but it's time to give this one the TLC it deserves. It's had a really hard life. I've known the past 2 owners of it and they never took care of it. I don't think it's ever been washed. They painted over the purple exterior with rattlecan black, which will be fun getting off 173 The last owner (who I bought it from) rolled it while speeding offroad. Took a hard hit on the rear cab corner and door. Good thing it had a rollbar on it, saved the box and probably the guy's life. Sat on it's side for 4 hours, they tipped it back over; started it up and drove away. Only leaked a little PS fluid, but no engine oil.

95 Hardbody, not sure what base model, 3.0L V6 5 speed 4x4, a hair over 100k miles on it. LSD in back (which I'm really happy about, only thing that I'm disappointed about is the rear drum brakes (could always do a swap though). Right now the CEL is on and it stalls if your foot isn't on the gas, so I'll fix that ASAP and leave it until spring.

[Image: Before001.jpg]
[Image: Before002.jpg]
[Image: Before003.jpg]
[Image: Before004.jpg]
[Image: Before005.jpg]
[Image: Before006.jpg]

Better pics tomorrow when it's light out
06 NISMO - 2" PRG spacer/deaver - Banks Power - Cooper STT's on Pathfinder wheels - PIAA's
06 Titan - 2" PRG spacer/blocks - Banks Power - Volant - 33" Toyos - Carriage works grille - Bully dog tuner
91 Hardbody SEV6 Auto 4x4. 95 frame. 2" suspension lift ARB springs Calmini UCA/shackles SwayAway T-bars. 2" body lift. Custom exhaust with magnaflow. 33x12.5R15 DC MC Tires on 15x10 Ultra 50/51 aluminum wheels. Custom bed, sliders, and bumpers coming soon!
66 Patrol.... it's orange...

I WAS RIGHT!!! lol

well technically it was my 2nd choice/guess but still.... 191

right away i see three things that i think is good:
- has the later model dash (curved instead of blocky)
- has a roll bar on the bed (might be optional equipment too)
- has not too shabby looking rims (it's got potential)

does it have any extra seat adjustments/sunroof? obviously its a kingcab 3.0 but it maybe an SE or XE. the options might help determine that.

so far i am leaning towards the fact that it is an XE with the value truck package and the performance package...
"it does not matter who started the thread, at the end of the day i will be it's last poster...."
[Image: carph3.jpg]
Yeah I really like the modern-style dash/interior compared to the old-style like in my pathfinder. Roll bar definitely stays in the bed, after a restoration anyway. And the rims are American Racing, 15" not sure on width. 31x12.5 Super Swamper TSLs on them.

No additional seat adjustments, just forward/backward and lean back/forth. No sunroof either, thinking about adding one though, since the roof needs ALOT of work anyway.

I just decoded my VIN by looking in the Service manual and it doesn't say what model is, but I can say it's made in Smyrna, Tennessee! 203 Its also got the HG43 LSD rear end with 4.375:1 gearing. Gonna check out the ECU tomorrow and see what codes it spits at me.
06 NISMO - 2" PRG spacer/deaver - Banks Power - Cooper STT's on Pathfinder wheels - PIAA's
06 Titan - 2" PRG spacer/blocks - Banks Power - Volant - 33" Toyos - Carriage works grille - Bully dog tuner
91 Hardbody SEV6 Auto 4x4. 95 frame. 2" suspension lift ARB springs Calmini UCA/shackles SwayAway T-bars. 2" body lift. Custom exhaust with magnaflow. 33x12.5R15 DC MC Tires on 15x10 Ultra 50/51 aluminum wheels. Custom bed, sliders, and bumpers coming soon!

yeah in that case it might possibly be an XE with the performance package it would have gotten you the LSD. SE had some kind of 6 way seat adjustment and had the sunroof optional.
"it does not matter who started the thread, at the end of the day i will be it's last poster...."
Sweet! 185
[Image: 5260151.jpeg]
Probably an XE. Not really a big deal though, it's got a couple bells and whistles. Oh, and it's lifted 3" body lift (might chop it down to a 2 or 1" and throw in a 3" suspension lift). I see a flowmaster under the truck too, and it's got a nice rear bumper too. Needs a new front one, so I'm going completely custom.

Very nice, talk to Res I am sure he has a bunch on info. So since his is the flaming marshmallow what is yours going to be??
[Image: 3gears.gif]06 CC 4X2 6sp Avalanche White NISMO SPORT[Image: drive.gif]
[Image: 43d20b1b.jpg]
Click on the picture for my Frontier thread
Haven't decided yet, I'll have to tear into it and see what it throws back at me.

Here's some more pics:

[Image: 104_0257.jpg]
[Image: 104_0256.jpg]
[Image: 104_0254.jpg]
[Image: 104_0258.jpg]

As you can tell, the door and fender are tweaked, do both are getting replaced. The cab looks better than it really is in the pics, the top part is actually pushed towards the passenger side like a parallelogram. Nothing a bunch of time won't fix.

Very nice platform for a project truck. Cant wait to see the progression.. 185
[Image: sigph.jpg]
Contact Reserector. He has much knowledge about the Hardbody trucks. If you don't' hear back, let me know. I know where to find him.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
OK, my first car, a Chevy Vega, was in much better shape than that and I paid $75.00 for it, put $400.00 into repairs and then drove it for 18 months until I killed the clutch, (We did the last manual adjustment on it before I stated to drive it.)

Now, that was 22 years ago, so, with inflation, the 75 should now be 141.86 and the 400 should be 756.58 so I expect you to be able to have bought that thing and get it road worthy for under a grand or you spent too much! 165 185 178
Well, at least it runs... 204 not well though. I started it up tonight and found out that it stalls if you don't keep your foot on the gas at about 3K rpm. A little snooping around in the engine bay and I discovered a broken regulator. I then looked it up in the FSM and found out it's the IACV-AIR REGULATOR, an $87 part from courtesy parts. It basically controls the idle speed, so that makes sense. I'll check out the junkyard on Saturday, I think they have a V6 Hardbody there.

I'm not too sure about the $1000 to get it road worthy. It all depends on the price for a new door and a new fender. Other than that... I don't think it should be a problem.

Use a bottle jack or a porta-power to square the cab. It will need to bear against the passenger floor, diagonally to the driver side roof. A piece of pipe will make a good extension. Because of the jump seat opening, you will have to bridge that area with a hunk of timber to spread the load on the floor.

Press it out a bit, then let off. Repeat. You might have to persuade it with a hammer while the pressure is on it. Certainly do-able.
Then paint flames on it. It'll be unstoppable! 165
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
What do you think about metallic black with charcoal gray racing stripes? Too tacky? 163

Very nice eglaisi! This will be a fun project to see its transformation!
05 Nissan Frontier 4x4, Stillen SuperCharger, BFG AT's Tongue
This dull green is the best! 185
[Image: 5260151.jpeg]
if you are going to offroad it (duh), i say paint it flat red with flat black tribal flames.

like this:
[Image: 1.jpg]
(one of my favorite non nissan trucks at SEMA so far)

seriously i think your hardbody will look good in this paint scheme. and you did say you are replacing the front bumper. perfect! keep the wheels too
I'm gonna fool around with some colors at work (shh, don't tell my boss). I think a camo green would look decent on it, if it was done properly.

[Image: equator_quad.jpg]

I've always loved that picture.

Anyway, colors are the last thing I should be worrying about right now. I think I'm going to JB weld the IACV piece tonight and see if I can actually get this thing running.

Reserector Wrote:Use a bottle jack or a porta-power to square the cab. It will need to bear against the passenger floor, diagonally to the driver side roof. A piece of pipe will make a good extension. Because of the jump seat opening, you will have to bridge that area with a hunk of timber to spread the load on the floor.

Press it out a bit, then let off. Repeat. You might have to persuade it with a hammer while the pressure is on it. Certainly do-able.

I'll throw it on the frame rack and see what I can pull out. Usually these trucks are fairly easy to straighten, it's just those damned Ford hydro-formed frames that are a bear to pull.

Here's the culprit; all welded up and in the house overnight for some nice warm cure time.

[Image: 000_0189.jpg]

The $1,000.00 included the cost of the vehicle. You never did say what you paid for it....
$500

OK then, I think you could get more than that by parting it out, so it was a good buy!
eglaisi, i thought you traded you pathfinder and got cash? or did you trade your pathy and added cash?