Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sway Bar Bushings
Do I need to take the weight off of the front end in order to replace the front sway bar bushings? Reason I ask is I'd like to do it next time I change my oil. They are right there in plain sight.Two bolts each and they are off. Or do I need to jack it up and break out the jack stands. Really don't want to do that if I don't have to. Thanks.
I did mine while siting on the ground if I remember correctly. As long as the front end is not articulated, there should be no torsional stress on the bar, and it should be in a neutral state. Buy some good urethane bushings. It will make it feel a little firmer.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
Thank you. I did the job without having to jack her up on stands. I first purchased the Moog bushings from Advance Auto parts about $15 for the pair. When I installed the first one I did not like the looks of the bushing. All buldged out. Noticed the open on the originals was located in the corner. Returned the Moogs and purchased the Nissan bushings at the dealer. Only $14 for the pair and yes much better fit. Thank you for your help.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suspension bushings greybrick 3 3,797 03-30-2008, 08:12 PM
Last Post: MOBEEBO