Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ignition Key Chewed Up
I have a 2013 Frontier that I purchased new. My first ignition key became so chewed up that it would not turn when placed into the ignition. I was stranded and had to be towed to the dealer. My dealer made me two new keys at no charge last year. This morning sure enough my key would not turn the ignition. I examined the key and yes again it is chewed up. Luckily I had a spare key with me because I had a feeling this would someday happen again. Why is my ignition chewing up my keys? This should not be happening. Thanks for any and all ideas.
Not sure, my 2006 keys are still ok. Maybe something is wrong with the ignition switch itself. This is the 1st issue like this I have heard of.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
Yes likely one of the tumblers is stuck inside when you put the key in. Is it difficult to insert/remove the key? Easy fix might be to put a small amount of WD40 on the key and insert and remove it a few time to lubricate the inside or if you wan to do it dry, pain the key with pencil and the graphite will lubricate also.
[Image: 3gears.gif]06 CC 4X2 6sp Avalanche White NISMO SPORT[Image: drive.gif]
[Image: 43d20b1b.jpg]
Click on the picture for my Frontier thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ignition Switch and Keys jkon 3 4,049 02-21-2017, 03:32 PM
Last Post: jkon
  key ignition reminder brandon_11o8 1 3,810 03-06-2014, 12:55 PM
Last Post: mdawg4x4