Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how often do you c hange your oil?
Ive just started using mobil 1 full synthetic, and I do tow from time to time. Id like to think I could change every 7,500 miles from now on. Does this sound about right? do you guys stick with the service manual like the bible, or realize that reality rules? If I feel like the last 5k have been pretty stop and go, and Ive been doing some dirt, and towing more than usual, yeah, but normally not. just curious. oil changes are expensive these days, not to mention, Id rather not WASTE oil, as its pretty resource depleting, and not great for the environment.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

dave
Every 6K approximately, mostly stop & go with essentially no towing. Nearly 79K miles on my '07 and no problems.
I still use dinosaur oil every 3000 miles.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
Hi Dave,

The owners manual in my 2015 Xterra (EXACT same engine/transmission etc as the Frontier) states to change every 5000 miles.
No discernment for "normal" or "hard" use .

I believe in previous years hard use was 3750 and normal use 7500.

I guess they got tired of hard use guys following the easy use schedule and decided to split the middle for the new Model years.

Since I want to protect my warranty I do the 5000 mile oil changes otherwise I'd feel fine with synthetic oil doing 7000-8000 miles depending on my driving during that fill.