Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water Leak
2013 Frontier[Image: icon1.png]...I have a water leak and can't figure out the source. Every time it rains or I wash the truck, I notice water dripping at driver side lower left kick panel. Link to picture attached with arrow pointing to where I see water dripping. No water in picture because it's now dry.

http://users.wpi.edu/~jkon/.uploads/...31_resized.jpg

The carpet underneath my all weather floor matt is pretty wet. I have checked all my door and frame gaskets[Image: icon1.png] and they all seem intact and in good shape. Can't figure it out but I want to find the source because it's not getting any better and I don't want my floor board to rust out.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Sounds like windshield leak coming out at the kick panel area. Have you had it since new? Has the windshield been replaced? I'd take it back to the dealer to have it looked at.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
When I got home from work last evening I investigated more. I ran some water down the area of my windshield (top corner driver side) where the arrow is pointing in the attached picture. I concentrated on this area only, being careful not get water in any other area.

http://users.wpi.edu/~jkon/.uploads/...17_resized.jpg

Sure enough water immediately started leaking down the driver side kick panel area. My leak that I am experiencing I’m pretty sure it’s the top corner of the driver side windshield. That area of the windshield definitely just looks different than the passenger side. I am really trying very hard not to be teed off disgusted mad but that is the original windshield on a truck that I purchased new and is two years old. Unfortunately my truck is out of warranty but I am going to present this to the dealer and see what they say. I have never had a windshield leak on any vehicle I have ever owned in my lifetime. I seem to be plagued with crazy strange problems with the Nissan Frontiers that I purchase.
I have had more trouble out of my 06 NISMO Frontier than any other vehicle I have ever owned. However, I have enjoyed owning it at the same time. I am on the verge of replacing it, hopefully with a 2nd Jeep Wrangler. My 98 TJ is 17 years old and the only this I had problems with is a cracked exhaust manifold. Simple fix, buy an aftermarket header. Other than that, just brakes, plugs and things, and cold air idle sensor. And a couple soft tops.
Politely try to make the dealer do it. Call the 1-800-# in the back of the owners manual and be politely persistent.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
I'm hearing you mdawg4x4. I have owned an '03, '07, and now a '13 all purchased new and ALL had and now have crazy strange problems. Like you I do enjoy the truck and the price compared to a Taco can't be beat. The '03 I had the rear upper cab brake light leak issue. It took 3 visits to the dealer for them to figure it out and only with my help from info gained from the forum. The paint peeled on top of the cab and it took me a battle bigger than World War One for Nissan to finally cover it. Some sensor went on it but the real kicker for me to get rid of it was that the truck started to just die while driving. Three different times I was stranded and had it towed to the dealer. They couldn't figure it out. I got rid of it and I believe a year later a Nissan bulletin came out on a computer fix for that problem. The '07 have the tranny/radiator fluid contamination issue and the timing belt pulley/tensioner issue. And now my '13 had an issue with my keys being chewed up by the ignition...stranded one time and towed to the dealer for that. And now the windshield leak issue. I must admit though...the dealer where I have purchased my last two (Nissan of Keene, NH) has always taken care of me and all there from sales to service have treated me with kindness, fairness and professionalism. So that's what I am hoping in this case. If it weren't for them I probably would have put a giant stop to purchasing anymore Nissans. I did contact them yesterday about the problem and the service director was very understanding. He even offered to put me in a rental. I have an appointment with them next week. He said he'd probably have to get a glass place involved so we shall see. My truck is out of warranty with 66K miles (yes I put on a lot of miles), however since this is the original windshield and the truck is only 2 years old, do you think I would be out of line expecting them to cover the windshield leak? I believe that is definitely a manufacture defect. Thanks.
Back from the dealer yesterday. Glass guy said my windshield was leaking in three areas along the driver side pillar. They removed windshield and old sealant and re-sealed. Dealer said he got Nissan Corp. to cover the charges. I am delighted.
Awesome news! I am glad Nissan stepped up to the plate and fixed it for you.