Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulled the Trigger on New Tires
Well I just ordered new tires. I decided to get the BFG MT KM2, but found out this tire is a 10ply. Too stiff for mostly on road driving. I ran the BFG ATs on my Jeep for 50,000 miles, so, because I prefer a solid white letter, I ordered the BFG ATs in 285/75-16. $210 per tire including road hazard and shipping.
[Image: all-terrain-t-a-ko.jpg]
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
Good choice 185 . I'm running these on my TITAN now. Good all around tire in my opinion ... for what that's worth 165 .
AMSOIL Independent Dealer
CW SYNTHETICS
email: cwsynthetics@msn.com
web: http://www.lubedealer.com/cwsynthetics
* check us out on Facebook ... CW Synthetics - Amsoil
* follow us on Twitter ... @CWSynthetics
Good deal! I rotated my tires today...it was killin' my back. The tread looks like its wearin good. I'm glad i got my set for $550.00...couldn't be happier.
07 SE KC 4x4 6M M226 3.538 10"R/10"F Wheel Travel
Volant CAI
SuperChip Tuned
FlowMaster Delta 50 2.25" 2 in 1 out Y-Pipe
PRG Frontier Titan Swap 4" Lift In Front; 2.0 Radflos, SPC UCA
Shackle/Leaf/Bilstein - 3" Lift In Rear
Rock Sliders And Shrockworks Skid Plate Set

285/75/16 Goodyear Wranglers
I was dead set on these AT's up until I saw my mudders at a swap meet. Mine are 10 ply, and I drive it everywhere everyday. Noise isn't that bad, my dad complains about it whenever he rides in it, but that's just because he takes any chance he gets to call down my truck 204

I don't wish I got AT's, I'm happy with what I have. I barely noticed a change in the ride, a bit stiffer, but I like driving a truck like that.

Don't worry, it's not like swapping an engine or anything... you'll have to buy new ones before the truck dies anyway (let's hope).
06 NISMO - 2" PRG spacer/deaver - Banks Power - Cooper STT's on Pathfinder wheels - PIAA's
06 Titan - 2" PRG spacer/blocks - Banks Power - Volant - 33" Toyos - Carriage works grille - Bully dog tuner
91 Hardbody SEV6 Auto 4x4. 95 frame. 2" suspension lift ARB springs Calmini UCA/shackles SwayAway T-bars. 2" body lift. Custom exhaust with magnaflow. 33x12.5R15 DC MC Tires on 15x10 Ultra 50/51 aluminum wheels. Custom bed, sliders, and bumpers coming soon!
66 Patrol.... it's orange...

eglaisi Wrote:I was dead set on these AT's up until I saw my mudders at a swap meet. Mine are 10 ply, and I drive it everywhere everyday. Noise isn't that bad, my dad complains about it whenever he rides in it, but that's just because he takes any chance he gets to call down my truck 204

I don't wish I got AT's, I'm happy with what I have. I barely noticed a change in the ride, a bit stiffer, but I like driving a truck like that.

Don't worry, it's not like swapping an engine or anything... you'll have to buy new ones before the truck dies anyway (let's hope).

Because we use my truck for family travels, my wife didn't want a tire that would make it ride any worse.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
Awwww! 217

217 Love the choice! 185
05 Nissan Frontier 4x4, Stillen SuperCharger, BFG AT's Tongue
that is a nice tire. show pics when they're installed.
"it does not matter who started the thread, at the end of the day i will be it's last poster...."
[Image: carph3.jpg]
Absolutely. With the holiday tomorrow, they may not arrive until next week, making pic opportunities a week from Saturday.
it's all good. i need new tires as well. but i am contemplating on holding out till i find a 16 inch stock nismo/steel or an 18 inch pathy wheel before i buy the tires.....

i'd like a new look for my truck but i'd like to do it on a budget. if all else fails i might just paint my wheels black....
"it does not matter who started the thread, at the end of the day i will be it's last poster...."
I wanted new wheels, but the Ultra Rogue 175 never went into production. Not enough interest in it evidently. So, I'll keep my NISMO wheels. I think they are the best looking Frontier, Xterra, Pathfinder wheel ever sold by Nissan. I see them for sell from time to time. It is the same wheel on my wife's 05 Off Road Pathy. That is why I bought the Off Road version. Since I'm going with an AT for every day, I wouldn't mind getting another set to run mud tires on just for off road, maybe a Swamper SSR. I would love a Bogger for off road, but don't think the Frontier drive train would be up to it.
i agree with you and i also thingk the new 18 inch pathy wheels have potential. imagine these rims powdercoated black or a dark color...
[Image: frc_09_l_cle6_rab.png]

however, the 17 inchers i might leave in the stock color....
[Image: pth_09_l_se_rab.png]
I think the 18" Pathy wheels look good also, but it looks more like a street wheel than an off road wheel. If I was 4X2, I would def look for a set. And I love the Goodyear Fortera Tripletreads I put on our Pathy. The 18s with a set of those would be awesome.
well i am a 4x2 and my truck is the best color evar so....

...but then again i am thinking the 17s would look good on my ride, with a spacer lift or the cheap prg mini lift and some terra grapplers......
I got no beef with the 4X2 pre-runner style. It will look good.
I still think you can't beat an 18" Enkei RT-6 on 4x2 street truck. Phreak, if you didn't live so far away I'd sell you my stock Nismos.
06 NISMO - 2" PRG spacer/deaver - Banks Power - Cooper STT's on Pathfinder wheels - PIAA's
06 Titan - 2" PRG spacer/blocks - Banks Power - Volant - 33" Toyos - Carriage works grille - Bully dog tuner
91 Hardbody SEV6 Auto 4x4. 95 frame. 2" suspension lift ARB springs Calmini UCA/shackles SwayAway T-bars. 2" body lift. Custom exhaust with magnaflow. 33x12.5R15 DC MC Tires on 15x10 Ultra 50/51 aluminum wheels. Custom bed, sliders, and bumpers coming soon!

They are here!!! Going to get them installed and an alignment tomorrow!!! 203

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I'd say screw the Fronty and make the Jeep into a 6 wheel drive with 2 rear wheels that are sideways for turning! 204

For real though, it's good you got them now. Whites in or out?

eglaisi Wrote:I'd say screw the Fronty and make the Jeep into a 6 wheel drive with 2 rear wheels that are sideways for turning! 204

For real though, it's good you got them now. Whites in or out?

I'm a white letter out guy.
That will look good on an Avalanche truck 185

Woo Hoo!!!
[Image: 24888630105_large.jpg?334915-007]

And, for the, "Will a 285/75-16 BFG AT rub on a stock wheel with a 2 1/2" lift?" question,,,Close But Not!!!
[Image: 24888630104_large.jpg?334915-007]
[Image: 24888630103_large.jpg?334915-007]
178 Looks great!!

Those clearances are damn close! I bet they'll rub if you wheel it though, I'd suggest taking my mudflaps on. When I took mine off, I could see on my fenders where they rubbed through the paint and rust was just starting. On my list is to make custom flaps that are straight down and not body-molded.

Do you notice a difference in steering with a little bit wider tire? What's the plan for the Fronty next?

eglaisi Wrote:178 Looks great!!

Those clearances are damn close! I bet they'll rub if you wheel it though, I'd suggest taking my mudflaps on. When I took mine off, I could see on my fenders where they rubbed through the paint and rust was just starting. On my list is to make custom flaps that are straight down and not body-molded.

Do you notice a difference in steering with a little bit wider tire? What's the plan for the Fronty next?

I'm going to wait and verify rubbing before I do anything with the mud guards. If it is only off road, let em rub!

Next, some day:
Sub and amps
Sliders and rear corner protection
Skids
Radflos eventually

Next, for Jeep:
REAR BRAKES!
Rear bumper/swing-a-way tire carrier
Gas tank skid
Sliders
Front tube bumper (Smittybuilt)
Winch
Top at some point
Seat covers

Next, for house:
Hardwood floors for living room, dining room, and hall to kids rooms.
New carpet in bedrooms
Tile in sunroom

ALL DONATIONS ACCEPTED!!! 205
OK, the LH rubbed slightly when backing out of the driveway this morning. I will continue to evaluate the rubbing. I have no desire to remove my mud gaurds. I will find a way to modify them to clear the tire.
mdawg4x4 Wrote:Woo Hoo!!!
[Image: 24888630105_large.jpg?334915-007]

And, for the, "Will a 285/75-16 BFG AT rub on a stock wheel with a 2 1/2" lift?" question,,,Close But Not!!!
[Image: 24888630104_large.jpg?334915-007]
[Image: 24888630103_large.jpg?334915-007]

Looks great!!! 185
[Image: 3gears.gif]06 CC 4X2 6sp Avalanche White NISMO SPORT[Image: drive.gif]
[Image: 43d20b1b.jpg]
Click on the picture for my Frontier thread
Hmmm, if you don't want to take the flaps off then it looks like you can trim out most of the inside of it.

Like this:

[Image: MF.jpg]

That should bring the rubbing to a minimum, but still keeping a stock look to it. You could also trim the front of the flap in case you need more clearance.

PS Carlos, your next post is #3000.... make it count 185

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tires? alex0321 7 7,217 09-13-2010, 10:30 PM
Last Post: alex0321