Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think?
http://blog.powerblocktv.com/colorado-ca...l-options/

General Motors has stepped up to the plate to offer a diesel options of its mid-sized pickups.

Automotive News reports that the redesigned Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon are slated to get a version of GM’s 2.5-liter or 2.8-liter, four-cylinder Duramax turbodiesels, which currently power the Colorado in overseas markets.

The site says that the diesel option will be added to the U.S. lineup abut a year after the fall 2014 launch of the redesigned trucks.

“You’ve got to keep a closer eye than ever before on what the competition is doing and what they’re offering,” Jeff Luke, executive chief engineer for GM’s full-sized and mid-sized trucks, told Auto News. “At the same time, you’ve got to make sure that you’re not confusing the customer with too many choices.
[Image: 3gears.gif]06 CC 4X2 6sp Avalanche White NISMO SPORT[Image: drive.gif]
[Image: 43d20b1b.jpg]
Click on the picture for my Frontier thread
I'm a big fan of diesels, that's all I've owned for years until a life style change and I couldn't justify 5 bucks a gallon, but what I pay to drive the fronty kinda still wish I had my 3/4 ton diesel that was dyno at 685 hp....but after what I need now days I'd buy a "small" pick up with a diesel if it offered the millage and had the after market modsBlush
I think diesels are going to continue making gains in US market.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
Good, we need more diesels. Would be nice if the Tacoma and the Frontier are offered with diesels in the future.
The last GM dealer I was ever in was when I tried to get my truck fixed under warrantee. When I wrote CS at GM they replied, "sorry to have inconvenience you" No, it wasn't just an inconvenience, they ripped me off. If they had a gold plated truck for half the price of a Fronty, my reply is the same . . . NEVER AGAIN.

None the less, I would hope Nissan would offer a diesel in the Titan (5.0 V-8) and a 4 cyl for the Fronty.
2013 Crew Cab Pro-4X
Well, the Titan is on its way for 2015 model year. Should be available late 2014. I've been hearing diesel Titan rumors since I went to work for Nissan back in 01, but the interest and sales quantities just wouldn't justify it.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
They will sale them all in Utah, I swear titans are like herpes around here...one in four...get your self checked people!