Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommended reading list and low end torque
Hi everyone, I am new here and I just bought an 09 frontier. (v6). It seems powerful but not quick? So I came to these forums. I quickly realized that I don't know what many of you are talking about. ( jargon and abbreviations) can anyone recommend some sources to understand the modification concept?

Also looking to make the truck quicker -- not really concerned about going over 75mph. I would like it faster off the line and it sounded like some of the recs were increasing horsepower at the upper end of the band. Any suggestions for the lower end of the band?

Thanks dbi.
(05-22-2013, 12:45 PM)Dbidbi Wrote:  Hi everyone, I am new here and I just bought an 09 frontier. (v6). It seems powerful but not quick? So I came to these forums. I quickly realized that I don't know what many of you are talking about. ( jargon and abbreviations) can anyone recommend some sources to understand the modification concept?

Also looking to make the truck quicker -- not really concerned about going over 75mph. I would like it faster off the line and it sounded like some of the recs were increasing horsepower at the upper end of the band. Any suggestions for the lower end of the band?

Thanks dbi.

Welcome to FrontySpot.
Headers, cold air intake, and free flow exhaust. Depending on headers and exhaust, some have lost low end torque. Too large a tail pipe seems to reduce torque. A 2.5"dia single out of the muffler seems to be optimum. The factory "Y"-pipe is quite restrictive also.
Many others have added an intake manifold spacer, but I've read a mix of reviews with side effects like oil leaking past seals.

A programmer like Superchips Cortex tuner can remove the wide ope throttle restriction, which is most of what you are experiencing.
My wife's 2005 Pathfinder had way more acceleration than my Frontier ever thought about.

Hope this helps.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
All the above plus lower your gear ratio.
2013 Crew Cab Pro-4X
Another thing is to change your differential id you have a 2 wheel drive so that you can get both wheels to hook up right of the line.

and UpRev tune Full Osiris Package-retail-$700 http://www.uprev.com/products/osiris_NI.html
PRG Frontier Traction Bars & U-Bolts #prg-stb-f $449.00 http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/product ... tion_bars/
Truetrac LSD [DET913A582] $529.99
[Image: 3gears.gif]06 CC 4X2 6sp Avalanche White NISMO SPORT[Image: drive.gif]
[Image: 43d20b1b.jpg]
Click on the picture for my Frontier thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Engine Torque Damper Installation 0 828 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: