Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Parts!
So I am finally back from the Sand Box !!! I have gotten some new parts since i was last on here. Before I left, I got a train horn. Yeah it's loud, 5 gallon tank with a 200psi compressor, and a 3 horn..horn. When I got back I bought a Nismo CAI, I love the sound of this intake. I purchased the Clarion nx602 navigation/dvd player. I was waiting for the 702 but it was taking too long to for them to release it, and I like a knob for volume anyway. My Banks Monster exhaust showed up yesterday, happy early birthday to me, and I am going to be installing that today. I have been spraying the exhaust bolts for a couple of days now with Freeze Off, so hopefully I can get the old exhaust out. Living down here in the keys the salt corrosion is a b!*(h. That is about all that is new for me and my truck.Big GrinTongue
Allen Harrelson

2008 crew cab 'Majestic Blue' Nismo frontier.
clarion head unit. Rockford fosgate Black and grind 500a2, 600a4, 100z2, polk audio 6.5" separates front and rear, MMats audio tweeters in dash, 1.5 farad cap, visonic active crossover network, 2 Kicker CVT 10" subwoofers, tinted windows, ventvisors, Diamond plate bed cover, chrome side steps, chrome door protectors for handles, chrome mirror covers, some decal deletion, Throttle body by-pass, intake screen delete,
all Royal Purple vital fluids, iridium/platinum sparkplugs. TRAIN HORN from trainhorns of texas, More to come!!!Big Grin

2007 'Knight Armor' X-terra
Alpine head unit, kicker components front and rear, Magnaflo cat-back, throttle body by-pass, intake screen delete.

"Meh...If it works, it isn't stupid..."
I have seen vehicles from coastal areas. The salty environment is brutal.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
(07-06-2012, 05:18 PM)mdawg4x4 Wrote:  I have seen vehicles from coastal areas. The salty environment is brutal.
Unfortunately today Nissan won. The studs and nuts on the Cat where the crossover pipe bolts on are so badly corroded that I have no idea how the nut is still attached.HuhAngry With the truck on a lift i took a screw driver and was able to remove large chunks of the nut. It has swollen to about twice its normal size. I am appalled and embarrased by the entire condition of the bottom of my truck. I decided to give up on it until tomorrow.Idea I called my guy from Lawson Products and he was able to get me some 3/8" and 1/2" Stainless hardware. I intend to cut the crossover pipe off with a grinder, then grind off the studs, drill them out, and replace the studs with S/S Hardware. We will see how that goes. I think that is is an issue of dissimilar metals combined with the fact that it is an exhaust system combined with the fact that a Cat gets up to 1000degrees.
So As this time the merger between Nissan and Banks is at a standstill and the investors are anxiously awaiting a good forecast!Confused175
Allen Harrelson

2008 crew cab 'Majestic Blue' Nismo frontier.
clarion head unit. Rockford fosgate Black and grind 500a2, 600a4, 100z2, polk audio 6.5" separates front and rear, MMats audio tweeters in dash, 1.5 farad cap, visonic active crossover network, 2 Kicker CVT 10" subwoofers, tinted windows, ventvisors, Diamond plate bed cover, chrome side steps, chrome door protectors for handles, chrome mirror covers, some decal deletion, Throttle body by-pass, intake screen delete,
all Royal Purple vital fluids, iridium/platinum sparkplugs. TRAIN HORN from trainhorns of texas, More to come!!!Big Grin

2007 'Knight Armor' X-terra
Alpine head unit, kicker components front and rear, Magnaflo cat-back, throttle body by-pass, intake screen delete.

"Meh...If it works, it isn't stupid..."
I understand the frustration. I have a Warn 9.5cti winch and a pair of PIAA fog lights witting in the bedroom floor waiting on a winch bumper to show up. Almost tempted to throw it on the Jeep, but I'll wait.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  JWT Performance parts Shift_Avenger 6 6,406 03-31-2008, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Sandiegan05fronty
  Low Price Nismo Parts BlackTigerSE 3 4,880 03-23-2008, 05:26 PM
Last Post: greybrick