Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My New Favorite Nissan Commercial
Thumbs Up 
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bb1Cqsceos [/video]
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
That was a funny, yet horrible commercial.
07 SE KC 4x4 6M M226 3.538 10"R/10"F Wheel Travel
Volant CAI
SuperChip Tuned
FlowMaster Delta 50 2.25" 2 in 1 out Y-Pipe
PRG Frontier Titan Swap 4" Lift In Front; 2.0 Radflos, SPC UCA
Shackle/Leaf/Bilstein - 3" Lift In Rear
Rock Sliders And Shrockworks Skid Plate Set

285/75/16 Goodyear Wranglers
Just saw it on tv today, it was cool.
[Image: 3gears.gif]06 CC 4X2 6sp Avalanche White NISMO SPORT[Image: drive.gif]
[Image: 43d20b1b.jpg]
Click on the picture for my Frontier thread
Was that a photo play or what ever you call it. It was a neat commercial but it didn't seem possible to accomplish this feat?
Considering what Hollywood can do today with computer graphics, I doubt it is real. The end of it looks real from the point he lands to when he stops.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
Nissan must hate the Titan.. I havnt seen a commercial in years. And the ones I did see were crap.
[Image: sigph.jpg]
I agree, but, at this point, why would they want to advertise old technology? I keep hearing updates, but if they keep talking about it, it will never get updated.
I've never understood Nissan's policy, if that's what you call it. This regarding their only 2 pickup lines. They advertise so little and expect large sales. The other auto makers know you have to spend money to make money. This also includes keeping the public happy, by changing the looks of your product. Nissan quality I believe is first rate, that alone isn't enough for most of the public. Some folks are happy to drive a model that's going to be around awhile. However, Nissan has for the most part refused to upgrade and their sales show it.
The typical lifecycle is refresh every 5 yrs and major change every 10 yrs with minor changes spread out over the 10 yr cycle. In the case of the Titan, the big automotive slow down a couple yrs back put a hold on changes. Also, the Dodge joint venture went away. In the end, profitability is the bottom line. When you do restart the process, all the targets have moved and you have to react to them, causing additional delays. Nissan doesn't, and will not anytime soon, sell 500,000 Titans per year, so it is not the main focus.
The Frontier and Xterra fall somewhat into the same catagory of small volume build.
You have to remember, Nissan probably came through the economic auto slump out of debt better than anybody else. As I stated above, it is a business.
(01-13-2012, 11:14 AM)mdawg4x4 Wrote:  The typical lifecycle is refresh every 5 yrs and major change every 10 yrs with minor changes spread out over the 10 yr cycle. In the case of the Titan, the big automotive slow down a couple yrs back put a hold on changes. Also, the Dodge joint venture went away. In the end, profitability is the bottom line. When you do restart the process, all the targets have moved and you have to react to them, causing additional delays. Nissan doesn't, and will not anytime soon, sell 500,000 Titans per year, so it is not the main focus.
The Frontier and Xterra fall somewhat into the same catagory of small volume build.
You have to remember, Nissan probably came through the economic auto slump out of debt better than anybody else. As I stated above, it is a business.

You are correct in every point you made, it is a business. I was making my point as what the public sees in every means of advertisements. We as the public when we have decided to purchase our next auto based on several things. We consider price, what the current style is and the manufactures track record. Nissan products prices are in line with other manufactures, they also have a very good track record. It's the slow to change the looks of the two pickups. This is only my opinion after owning 7 Nissan products. We may not always agree on every subject but isn't it great we have a wonderful site to voice our opinions.
I agree with you on this one. It frustrates us at work to see our work and hear how we want market share, but never see any advertisements that make people want to go buy. And to know, we are behind in the current offerings by all other manufacturers.
An excellent advertising example was when Nissan introduced the tailgate assist on the Titan, but never advertised it, while Ford did advertise their tailgate assist when they offered it a year later.

I just see the other side of what makes this industry operate now that I am a part of it. It is also much more competitive than I thought. It is amazing how much effort goes into saving $$$/vehicle, whether it is internally in labor or other operating expenses or directly associated with part cost. A $0.02/part savings on parts whether it be one supplier vs another or one type coating vs another. An example I would have never thought of would be nuts and bolts.

And FYI, newer Frontier and Titan are in the works. Timing? Again, I cannot say at this time.
Here's a new commercial for the Altima. New subject matter for the FTC.
You could have fooled me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nissan GT-R and Multi World Record Holder Usain Bolt Headline new Nissan Global Brand Shift_Avenger 0 7,195 06-01-2012, 11:03 PM
Last Post: Shift_Avenger
  Cool Frontier commercial Shift_Avenger 5 7,583 10-17-2011, 07:32 PM
Last Post: mdawg4x4
  New commercial Shift_Avenger 3 4,684 09-21-2011, 08:29 PM
Last Post: EB_05_NISMO
  ALL-NEW NISSAN NV COMMERCIAL VAN PRODUCTION BEGINS AT EXPANDED MISSISSIPPI ASSEMBLY F Shift_Avenger 1 3,850 01-21-2011, 09:31 PM
  PRICING FOR 2012 NV COMMERCIAL VAN LINEUP Shift_Avenger 1 3,429 12-15-2010, 09:38 PM
  Nissan Announces 11MY Nissan GT-R's Acceleration Time Shift_Avenger 0 3,347 12-02-2010, 08:14 PM
  NISSAN CANTON COMPLETES CONSTRUCTION AND RETOOLING FOR COMMERCIAL VEHICLE PRODUCTION Shift_Avenger 11 11,901 04-07-2010, 06:31 AM
  Nissan Releases First Image of the 2010 Nissan Altima Shift_Avenger 1 3,304 09-30-2009, 07:10 AM
  Nissan Announces Significant Progress of "Nissan Green Program 2010," Shift_Avenger 0 3,741 06-25-2009, 12:04 PM