Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The New Quote of the Day Thread
I believe greatness is an evolutionary process that changes and evolves era to era. Michael Jordan

If my poetry aims to achieve anything, it's to deliver people from the limited ways in which they see and feel. Jim Morrison
Sloth, like rust, consumes faster than labor wears, while the used key is always bright. Ben Franklin

He who has imagination without learning has wings but no feet. Joseph Joubert
Talk is cheap, except when Congress does it. -- Anonymous

The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. Ronald Reagan
(03-17-2014, 08:42 PM)OkieScot Wrote:  Talk is cheap, except when Congress does it. -- Anonymous

The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. Ronald Reagan

Absolutely awesome. Wonder if Reagan had any ideas how out of control they would be by now?
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
My imagination can picture no fairer happiness than to continue living for art. Clara Schumann

The flower is the poetry of reproduction. It is an example of the eternal seductiveness of life. Jean Giraudoux
My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can. Cary Grant

The more I want to get something done, the less I can call it work. Richard Bach
There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation.
The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. Will Rogers

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers
(03-23-2014, 09:43 PM)OkieScot Wrote:  There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation.
The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. Will Rogers

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

Excellent!
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
Plans are only good intentions unless they immediately degenerate into hard work. Peter Drucker

The countenance is the portrait of the soul, and the eyes mark its intentions. Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The way a man thinks in his heart, so is he "

Sent from my CyanogenMod S3
Using Tapatalk
(03-26-2014, 07:07 PM)Johnny M. Wrote:  "The way a man thinks in his heart, so is he "

Great quote and welcome to the quote thread.

Okie

Real nobility is based on scorn, courage and profound indifference. Albert Camus

My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person; he believed in me. Jim Valvano
We would rather speak ill of ourselves than not to talk of ourselves at all. Francois De La Rochefoucald

If you're going to do something wrong do it big because the punishment is the same either way. Jayne Mansfield
"If you believe what you believe, then why do you do what you do? "

Using Tapatalk
Johnny M., thanks for your quotes. it is good to have company on here.

Courageous people do not fear forgiving, for the sake of peace. Nelson Mandela

The taxpayer; that's someone who works for the government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination. Ronald Reagan
Okie, you are not alone. I enjoy reading the quotes. And miss Gray Ghost and Reverend Biker!
God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well. Voltaire

A purpose, an intention, a design, strikes everywhere even the careless, the most stupid thinker. David Hume

I talk to Gray ghost every week. He has been having health issues just like the rest of us old timers. I am getting ready to do Reverend Biker's on line Sunday school lesson. He is the best.
Too many have dispensed with generosity in order to practice charity. Albert Camus

Man, the living creature, the creating individual, is always more important than any established style or system. Bruce Lee
There are only two things a child will share willingly; communicable diseases and its mother's age. Benjamin Spock

All the world is a birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much. George Harrison
When I am dead I want to be remembered as a musician of some worth and substance. Freddie Mercury

The smallest deed is better than the greatest invention. John Burroughs
The original writer is not he who refrains from imitating others, but he who can be imitated by none. Francois-Rene De Chateaubriand.

We are driven by five genetic needs; survival, love and belonging, power, freedom and fun. William Glasser
Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results. Willie Nelson

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. Mahatma Gandhi
In order to carry a positive action we must develop here a positive vision. Dalai Lama

Winners make a habit of manufacturing their own positive expectations in advance of the event. Brian Tracy
A great figure or physique is nice, bur it's self-confidence that makes someone really sexy. Vivica Fox

Could a greater miracle take place than for us to look through each other's eyes for an instant. Henry David Thoreau
I suppose leadership at one time meant muscles; but today it means getting along with people. Mahatma Gandhi

It is always wise to look ahead, but difficult to look farther than you can see. Winston Churchill

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Random Thought Thread Sandiegan05fronty 984 728,088 12-20-2012, 11:20 AM
Last Post: balage
  "Quote of the Day" Sandiegan05fronty 1,605 1,149,302 09-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Last Post: mdawg4x4
  New thread? OkieScot 0 3,042 08-14-2011, 01:27 PM
Last Post: OkieScot
  PET THREAD mastiff 19 16,892 05-29-2011, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Shift_Avenger
  Book Review Thread mdawg4x4 6 7,832 11-07-2010, 10:10 AM
Last Post: OkieScot