Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Brakes for Better Stopping
I looked at drilled and slotted but chose regular rotors for those occasions I get in the mud. I didn't want mud getting packed into the holes and slots to eat the pads and rotors away.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
getting some movement under braking and the pedal is soft. I am getting ready to change tires also ( ouch), so how are the brakes holding up? Where did you get the Hawk pads from?
[Image: 3gears.gif]06 CC 4X2 6sp Avalanche White NISMO SPORT[Image: drive.gif]
[Image: 43d20b1b.jpg]
Click on the picture for my Frontier thread
(09-03-2012, 01:05 AM)Shift_Avenger Wrote:  getting some movement under braking and the pedal is soft. I am getting ready to change tires also ( ouch), so how are the brakes holding up? Where did you get the Hawk pads from?

If I remember right, I ordered them from Stillen. But I could be wrong. They still work OK. I need to bleed them again, but haven't taken the time. I added extended SS brake lines at the same time.
http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?id=HW...l=FRONTIER
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
I've been running EBC yellow (front) and green (rear) pads with their sport slotted & dimpled rotors since July and have been very pleased with them, especially since students have been back on campus. Swear they think that crosswalks have a magical force field that will protect them when they randomly step out in front of vehicles.
I almost bought drilled and slotted rotors but decided mud in the holes and slots would expedite wear of the pads and rotors. But, I have a friend that runs them through the mud, or was at one time.
I got the new rotors and pads on order, starting to get some pulsing from the right front and squealing on the left after 95k on the original brakes. I guess it is time to change.
And the results are...
R1 cross drilled and slotted - premium and hawk lts pads front and rear. I will take pics after they are installed Smile
Just in case anyone is ordering soon they just sent me a code ( autoanything.com ) for 10% off Use code CAEA3 in cart.
Here they are:

R1 Concepts also sent me a discount code:

10% off WEBSPECIAL452

All 4 together:

Looks good. When you getting them installed?
Tuesday along with new tires, etc..
Aren't the slots there to help clean the rotors from mud?
'06 Queen Cab SE - Adios Dezert.. NorCal Bound!
[Image: Ogilby-1.png][Image: fro2-1-2.jpg]

Suppose to help evacuate the hot gases created while braking.
Here they are installed:
rear

front

Lookin good. The only reason I didn't buy drilled and slotted was the occasional off road ventures. Didn't want the dirt/mud getting in the holes and slots eating away at the rotors and pads...but they sure look good!
As it turns out, I still had brake pads. The right front rotor was a little warped and I could have gotten away with having it milled down. The rear brakes were still like new. I changed them anyways, on to the next 100k. I will post pics in my thread of the new tires and brakes and I am also interested to see if my mpg improves with all the stuff I did.
how many times can you get the rotors milled? I guess the proper question is, what is the minimum width I can mill my rotors too? I've been wanting slotted/drilled rotors but seeing your concern about mud I did some research and it's not going to work for me. Sad My truck has been sitting for practically two months, rain season starts soon, so got to get it back into shape... I may have to use those discount codes if I can not obtain a better deal through my shop!
'06 Queen Cab SE - Adios Dezert.. NorCal Bound!
[Image: Ogilby-1.png][Image: fro2-1-2.jpg]

These days 1, if you are lucky. Most rotors are disposable. I think they warp a lot easier today because they are not putting as much material in them as they use to.
You can go for SSBC Short Stop Slotted Rotor Kit, DBA 4000XS Series Rotors, Power Stop Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors, EBC Ultimax Slotted Rotors, StopTech Slotted Brake Rotors etc which are some of the best rotors you can choose for.

If you are looking for brakes and rotors, filter engine oil and brake pads, standard brakes, performance brake rotor, brake accessories, brake shoes, brake rotors, brake pads, brake drums, brake kit you can be in touch with Brake Time USA.
BRAKETIMEUSA, braketimeusa.com/ takes pride in supplying AMERICA with the best AMERICAN Automotive Parts. Whether those parts are for Economy reasons or Performance reasons is totally up to our customers. This company is the leading retailer in the US market, with over 50 years of automotive brake knowledge & experience.
You can reach them on 8184452389 Or info@braketimeusa.com"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Noisy Drum Brakes NismoFrontier04 7 5,983 02-09-2012, 11:15 AM
Last Post: NismoFrontier04