Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newb from Charleston, SC
How's it going people! I have an 08 Frontier Nismo crew cab. I need some new tires and was looking for some opinions on what to buy. I'm looking for a quiet ride and and hope to get more than 40K out of em. Any insite would be greatly appreciated. I'll post some pics soon.
wow 24 views and no responses....thanks for the help lol
Welcome to the Spot. I am still on my original tires on my '05 so I have not done any research on tires for my truck. I did replace the tires on my wife's car recently and put Michelins on it. They are quiet and ride quite nicely.

When I was looking I saw a Bridgestone tire at the Firestone dealer that looked quite nice. I am not sure how quiet they would be, but they had a 50,000 mile guarantee. I put so few miles on my truck that the tires usually rot before they wear out. It sounds like you do a lot of driving on your truck.

I am not sure why there has been no response to your question. Usually people on here are quite friendly and helpful. The tire question might get better response in the general section. I know that I don't always look at the new member section.
(10-02-2010, 09:14 AM)OkieScot Wrote:  Welcome to the Spot. I am still on my original tires on my '05 so I have not done any research on tires for my truck. I did replace the tires on my wife's car recently and put Michelins on it. They are quiet and ride quite nicely.

When I was looking I saw a Bridgestone tire at the Firestone dealer that looked quite nice. I am not sure how quiet they would be, but they had a 50,000 mile guarantee. I put so few miles on my truck that the tires usually rot before they wear out. It sounds like you do a lot of driving on your truck.

I am not sure why there has been no response to your question. Usually people on here are quite friendly and helpful. The tire question might get better response in the general section. I know that I don't always look at the new member section.

Hey thanks man. I do a fair amount of driving usually to base and back which is only about 10 miles from my house. I still have the stock BF's on my truck and they've only lasted about 35K. I do drive my truck like a damn sports car though lol. It's just a pain in the ass picking out tires.
Smile Hi and welcome to FS!
Cant wait to see the pics. Wink
05 Nissan Frontier 4x4, Stillen SuperCharger, BFG AT's Tongue
Hello & welcome!
Show me your rig!
I vote the Bfg A/T. Good everyday tyre. Little boring, little old, but good.
[Image: 5260151.jpeg]
Welcome to the site, friendly family folks here.

If you need help, someone will get back to you.
When you say base I assume you are military, if so thank you for your service to our country.
(10-02-2010, 06:29 AM)Uncle Ruckus Wrote:  How's it going people! I have an 08 Frontier Nismo crew cab. I need some new tires and was looking for some opinions on what to buy. I'm looking for a quiet ride and and hope to get more than 40K out of em. Any insite would be greatly appreciated. I'll post some pics soon.
wow 24 views and no responses....thanks for the help lol

I traded my '06 Frontier at 30K for the Altma. The truck came with BFG long trails at the listed miles I still had 50 percent tread. I was impressed with those tires. I also do not enjoy shoping for new tires.
Welcome to The Spot. I never cared for the BFG Rugged Trails. They never had the traction to back up the noise they made. I have the BFG ATs now, but they are not a quiet tire either. If you don't need an offroad tire, the Michelin LTX is a good tire. I had the Goodyear Fortera TripleTred on a 2005 Pathfinder and liked them, but they are directional.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
The November 2009 issue of Consumer Reports has a tire rating article if you can find a copy of it. I got the top rated performance all season tire which was a Michelin Primacy MXV4. It is a car tire, but there are probably some truck tires listed as well. They rate them for dry and wet braking, hydroplaning, snow traction, noise, rolling resistance and tread life. Mine were rated better than average in all but two categories.

You pick the traits that are most important to you and that will tell you which tire is best for you. You generally can find discounts on most tire from time to time. Where I bought mine they were not actually a Michelin dealer so they could not offer me the $70 mail in rebate forms Instead they gave me an instant $70 discount under their price matching program. I got the discount and did not have to wait months to get my money.
(10-02-2010, 04:22 PM)OkieScot Wrote:  When you say base I assume you are military, if so thank you for your service to our country.

You would be correct and you are very welcome.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm A newb Contra 3 710 11-02-2018, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Shift_Avenger