Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tires?
im wanting to upgrade my tires. I have the XE model so my wheels are 15s. I found some BF Goodrich AT 33-1050R15C1 114R RW for sale. I dont fully still understand the whole tire code number deal, but im willing to learn. I believe i would maybe have to do a body lift or some sort of lift so the wheels dont rub. Any advise there????
[Image: recon.jpg]
" TO QUIT TO SURRENDER TO GIVE UP IS TO FAIL, TO BE A RECON MARINE IS TO SURPASS FAILURE, TO OVER COME TO ADAPT AND TO DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO COMPLETE THE MISSION"
https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/frontier...-5563.html
what does everyone thing of this?
" TO QUIT TO SURRENDER TO GIVE UP IS TO FAIL, TO BE A RECON MARINE IS TO SURPASS FAILURE, TO OVER COME TO ADAPT AND TO DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO COMPLETE THE MISSION"
Fixed the link for you.

I would do this before I would do a body lift.
http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-...stein.html

I am running a 2.5" lift and a tire ~33X11.2. I had to remove the lower front valence and trim the mud guard slightly.

Many people are running the 2" leveling spacers and the same size tires I have. All that being said, you should be OK with minor trimming. I lot of people just remove the mud guard.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
Alex0321,

BF Goodrich AT..........33 ..................................................1050....................... R............15 .......................C1............. 114R................................RW
^Make....... ^Model...^Diameter in Standard Measurement...^Means 10.5" wide..^Radial...^Wheel Diameter...^6 ply wall..^Load index/Speed Rating..^No idea...

If you see the A/T's in my sig picture.. those are 32"s.. they won't rub but the 2" spacer helps A LOT. Spacer isn't on the truck in that photo though.
'06 Queen Cab SE - Adios Dezert.. NorCal Bound!
[Image: Ogilby-1.png][Image: fro2-1-2.jpg]

Thanks for the Info La Queen.....
I had another question. That upgrade that i want for the tires, would i be able to use my stock wheels of my truck.
What size tires are you running currently. I think the 4 banger has smaller diameter wheels, but I might be wrong
[Image: 3gears.gif]06 CC 4X2 6sp Avalanche White NISMO SPORT[Image: drive.gif]
[Image: 43d20b1b.jpg]
Click on the picture for my Frontier thread
I think your stock wheels are 15X6. You can get a 33-10.50X15 tire. I ran a 10.50" wide tire on a 7" wide wheel, but don't know that I would on a 6"wide wheel. However, I think I remember another 4cyl truck running the 15" wheels and a 31-10.50X15 tire.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
hummm looks like im going to have to some research on my wheels. yea i do believe they are 15X6

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulled the Trigger on New Tires mdawg4x4 35 25,535 01-20-2009, 11:25 PM
Last Post: carphreak