Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A morning working in the park.
I spent the morning along with 10 other volunteers working on the Memorial Garden today at Will Rogers Park. They only have 2 people to care for the park and it is huge. When it gets back in bloom this Spring I'll take some pictures for you.

This park is where I used to ride my bicycle when I was a kid, you know the bike my brother crashed his brains out on. It is about 2 miles from where I grew up and there was a dirt road that went into it. Can you believe I am old enough to remember dirt roads in the city proper? It is such a warm feeling to be in that park. The guy in charge of it, Louis Scott, teaches classes all year long on gardening topics. We did a pruning class last Friday and today we actually went out and put what we learned into practice.

This is so neat because he lets everyone ask questions at the beginning of the class and then works in the answers as he goes through his talk. It lasts 3 hours or more sometimes. Then he has a follow up where you go out into the park and practice what you learn.

It is great for the public, but the City gets back too because of the volunteer work. Of course we had nearly 50 in the class and only about 10 at the work session. Their loss I assure you.

Oh yes he gave everyone who showed up some Cannas 'yellow futurity'. he also gave me a park ballcap because I show up for all of his work sessions. Good time had by all.

Gerald
That is right up your alley! Good job!
05 Nissan Frontier 4x4, Stillen SuperCharger, BFG AT's Tongue
I know you enjoyed helping out Okie. From what I have seen, you have one of the greenest thumbs anywhere. Me and plants do not get along. My wife is the gardener in our family, but she grew up country. I help dig holes, haul supplies, and haul the greenery home.

I just sent a letter to the MS US Senators and my US representative many things of concern including the idea that all yard work at all government facilities be shared among the many employees working there. Throughout the year, from coast to coast, think how much money could be saved!
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
mdawg4x4,

Thumbs up on contacting your representatives, they need to be advised that we are not at all satified with what they are doing right now.

OkieScot
OkieScot Wrote:mdawg4x4,

Thumbs up on contacting your representatives, they need to be advised that we are not at all satified with what they are doing right now.

OkieScot
Off Topic

I also asked what the difference in the following:
House, Senate, and Oval Office outrage at Banking and Automotive execs irresponsible use of money for travel and bonuses,,,

And,,,
The House and Senate allowing their huge raises automatically taking place by not voting against it, year after year. Let us vote on their raises.
The wasteful use of private flights to and from Washington. Nancy Pelosi getting a jumbo jet for herself so she doesn't have to stop and refuel twice a week. And the many of the others as well. They are a bunch of hypocrites. If you want to work in Washington, move to Washington and make 4 trips a year back to the state you represent. Delta is ready when you are!

I told them they are working for us. They should be there to serve us, not for a get rich quick career!

What was the Topic again? 204
Oh yes, helping out at the Will Rogers Park. 185
I've been to the Will Rogers Museum, but many many years ago and don't really remember it. It is up in Claremore, OK.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
mdawg4x4 Wrote:
OkieScot Wrote:mdawg4x4,

OkieScot
Off Topic

I also asked what the difference in the following:
House, Senate, and Oval Office outrage at Banking and Automotive execs irresponsible use of money for travel and bonuses,,,

And,,,
The House and Senate allowing their huge raises automatically taking place by not voting against it, year after year. Let us vote on their raises.
The wasteful use of private flights to and from Washington. Nancy Pelosi getting a jumbo jet for herself so she doesn't have to stop and refuel twice a week. And the many of the others as well. They are a bunch of hypocrites. If you want to work in Washington, move to Washington and make 4 trips a year back to the state you represent. Delta is ready when you are!

I told them they are working for us. They should be there to serve us, not for a get rich quick career!

What was the Topic again? 204
Oh yes, helping out at the Will Rogers Park. 185
I've been to the Will Rogers Museum, but many many years ago and don't really remember it. It is up in Claremore, OK.

Been there and done that too. It is worth seeing for any of youo that happen to be in the area.

Okie

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GOOD MORNING! Sandiegan05fronty 469 328,745 11-05-2010, 06:58 AM
Last Post: mdawg4x4
  Launch from Space View Park --56k warning-- Shift_Avenger 9 7,276 03-17-2009, 01:47 PM
Last Post: balage
  Working Out! Sandiegan05fronty 5 4,289 07-12-2008, 06:00 AM
Last Post: mdawg4x4