Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oil and filter combo
I know this has been discussed quite a bit on other boards but people change and it has not been brought up in a while.

Me:

Mobile 1 5w 30 (SUV light truck blend)
Purolator PureOne filter.

From what I have read that filter is one of the best out there. Tried 10w 30 Mobile 1 once. Man my truck hated that stuff.

Glad we dont put many miles on our trucks 'cause an oil change is like $50 for the Titan and almost as much for the Frontier when you use the synthetic stuff.
[Image: sigph.jpg]
I'm still running Castrol 5W 30 with a Nissan filter. I run NAPA filters on my Jeep. They are made by WIX. I have always heard WIX and Hastings were the best filters made, but that is based on info that is 20 years old. And I still uchange oil every 3K miles.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
Nissan Filter
Castrol GTX 5w30
Every 3K
[Image: 279456595.jpg]
2006 Crew Cab LE 4x4 Red Brawn
Radflo 2.0s, Deaver AAL, Bilstein 5125s, 3M Xpel Clearbra Extended Protection Kit, TruXedo TruXport Tonneau, Rear Diff Breather Extension, Weathertech VentVisors, 20% Tint, OEM NISMO Skids, Tailgate Power Lock Mod, Pathfinder Window Switch Covers, More to come...

Post pics or it didn't happen.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2460253
Amsoil all the way around, best stuff ever made!!!!
have 14k on it now and still looks clean. says i can go till 35k but going to change it soon for the hell of it
mobil 1 and napa gold filters.

ran the purolator pure one filters on my last truck but I think I read somewhere that there is almost too much media in them which could cause a higher than normal pressure drop through the filter.

the honda gets the same (but 5w20 per the manual). same exact filter too...
Maine 6-spd CC Wrote:mobil 1 and napa gold filters.

ran the purolator pure one filters on my last truck but I think I read somewhere that there is almost too much media in them which could cause a higher than normal pressure drop through the filter.

the honda gets the same (but 5w20 per the manual). same exact filter too...

Didnt know that thanks for the tip.
[Image: sigph.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oil and filter advice needed please rick42 1 280 11-02-2018, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Shift_Avenger
  AEM Filter - Deal for FrontySpot members! MOBEEBO 1 2,700 01-27-2008, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Shift_Avenger
  Less mess oil filter change Zero Six LE 5 5,382 12-09-2007, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Sandiegan05fronty
  Air filter replacement (VQ40) 0 1,086 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Engine oil and filter change (VQ40) 0 985 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: