Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Timing advance
So I went to the dealership close to me and asked the manager of the service department how much they would charge for an Consult and timing advance.

(So this is where my eyes almost poped out of my head)

He said $90, and proceded to tell me that they could advance the timing while hooked up but the computer would reset itself after it was disconnected.

So he told me "bring me more info on what other guys have done"

What do you guys think?? I am afraid of taking it back if he does not understand all the ins and out of this mod 167
[Image: 3gears.gif]06 CC 4X2 6sp Avalanche White NISMO SPORT[Image: drive.gif]
[Image: 43d20b1b.jpg]
Click on the picture for my Frontier thread
I have written instructions for the advance, is that what you want? I even got a step by step how to from the guy that did mine. And no the advance does not reset if you unhook your battery.
[Image: sigph.jpg]
krh2 Wrote:I have written instructions for the advance, is that what you want? I even got a step by step how to from the guy that did mine. And no the advance does not reset if you unhook your battery.

That would be great!! Thanks. I would like to show him step by step, then maybe he'll give me a break in the price since you guys did all the work
crcampos, just call my dealer that I went to in fortpierce, call and ask for scott and get him to talk to your service dude.
2006 Frontier CC LE NISMO SPORT Silver Streak

Mods: Custom Dynomax Exhaust, Red Calipers, Fog lights on all the time, Airaid Quickfit w/ AEM Dryflow with modified top, Headlight Adjustment Mod, Backup Lights, Leaf Spring Helpers Traction Mod, Hood Protector, 2* timing advance, APC Sport Pedals, TB Screen Delete, Ram Air Grille Mod, Power Brake Mod, Sylvania Ultra Brights

Pics of my truck and ideas http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k302/ ... /Frontier/
[Image: ava.jpg][Image: avatarcopy-1.jpg]
Newman Wrote:crcampos, just call my dealer that I went to in fortpierce, call and ask for scott and get him to talk to your service dude.

Great idea, I did not know if it would be kosher to do that. I have to go back next week to pick up the parts I ordered so I'll probably do that.

Thanks
yea i mean you could always just drive up there, although theres not much to do in ft.pierce

Mods: Custom Dynomax Exhaust, Red Calipers, Fog lights on all the time, Airaid Quickfit w/ AEM Dryflow with modified top, Headlight Adjustment Mod, Backup Lights, Leaf Spring Helpers Traction Mod, Hood Protector, 2* timing advance, APC Sport Pedals, TB Screen Delete, Ram Air Grille Mod, Power Brake Mod, Sylvania Ultra Brights

Pics of my truck and ideas http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k302/ ... /Frontier/
if your going to the big meet in old town in a few weeks just have one of the titan owners do it for you, they will probably do it for free
Newman Wrote:yea i mean you could always just drive up there, although theres not much to do in ft.pierce

If my service guys does not give me a break I am probably going to wait until the Titan meet in Kissimme. Ft. Pierce is a 3 1/2 hour drive from where I live.
yea far drive although they told me they had a guy come from miami with a titan cuz he couldnt get anyone else to do it.

I would not be surprised, Miami is closer than here though
2* advance instuctions.

1- Warm up truck
2- Make sure everything is off (a/c, stereo, etc)
3- With truck running on CONSULT 2 choose "engine"
4- After communication with Convertor will display a bunch of choices.
5- Press WORK SUPPORT
6- See more choices, press TARGET IGN TIMING
7- Press UP (^) x2 for 2 degrees, correction which you should be able to see.
8- Press UPDATE
9- Now press BACK
10- On the menu screen find IDLE AIR VOL LEARN
11- Press, and perform to correct your idle since you just raised it 75rpm with timing advance.

This is for a Titan but I'm sure everything is the same but maybe the idle rpm's might be different. .

Good luck. $90 he is out of his mind. Well, mine was done under the table at a dealership ($20). Took all of 2 minutes. Spent most of the time talking Titans with the guy. He has one bad Titan. You should go to the OT meet. A coupla guys that are attending have the goods to do it.
I'll see what he says next week if he does not budge on the price then I'll get it done in Old town

Thanks for the info I'll print it and bring it with me
So today while at the stealership, brought the instructions and the guy chicked out. So to the Titan meet I go to get my timing advanced.
It should be a bit cooler to run at the track in November anyways.
crcampos Wrote:So today while at the stealership, brought the instructions and the guy chicked out. So to the Titan meet I go to get my timing advanced.
It should be a bit cooler to run at the track in November anyways.

Sweet! let us know what you think... And take lots of pics.... 163
Will do, it should be great. 50+ titans and a few frontiers
Im very interested in this 2 degree timing advance, anybody here in southern calif , able to do this for me, im willing to pay, a small fee???

mike
Here you go;

http://www.clubtitan.org/forums/showthr ... +locations
Ehhhh, Call Ben (Tazstitan) on another forum. He hooked me up for $20.. Though I gave him $40. Ben is a great guy and has one sweet Titan!

Quote:Ben - 949- just call me when your close..
Family Nissan
29901 Santa Margarita Parkway
Rancho Santa Margarita Ca 92688

He is close to you. I suggest calling him at the dealership first. I would give you his cell but I dont want to piss him off. If you dont have intake and exhaust you really dont need it.... BTW, he works in service. Ask for Ben in service....

If you have trouble getting ahold of him... let me know. I have his cell #.
Kevin
The 2 degree advance gives you back a lot of the low end that you give up when installing a CAI and exhaust. I have also felt the throttle response improve.
hey thanks man i will call him and have it done. Why do u lose low end power with a CAI, and exhaust system ?, i thought it would improve low end, mid range, and high end ?.

mike
Even though I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night... I think it has to do with back pressure. Pm me for Ben's cell #....
so is it worth getting this done? in order to go back to the factory settings do you have to get someone to go back and reset it? Does it interfere with the factory warranty?
You will lose some mpgs but the power that you get is great. If you can afford the gas and you want more power def worth it. It does not void the warranty, our trucks will reset themselves if it starts creating knocking.