Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This truck is awsome!
I finally towed my boat home this weekend and couldn't be happier with the trucks performance. I stayed at 65mph and never went over 4k rpms even on the longest of hills. My last two fords with 5.4 v8's didn't do this well! The boat was about 6,000lbs and I got almost 12 mpg combined for the whole trip. I had no trouble at the ramp and no sag from the hitch weight. Braking was fine. I will post some pics soon. Scotty.
That's great. I keep hearing good reports about this truck's ability to tow. And I don't even have a trailer hitch.

I wonder if I could pull my Jeep when we go riding far away?
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
Your jeep should be a lot lighter than my boat and less of a wind drag. My boat has a hard top with radar and stuff that sticks up way higher than my truck. Just make sure your trailer has brakes and you will be fine.
Does the factory trailer plug have the provisions for trailer brakes?
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
I had to tow our boat up and over the mountains a few weeks ago, It did do well. I could definitely tell it was back there though.

Can't wait to see some pics!
05 Nissan Frontier 4x4, Stillen SuperCharger, BFG AT's Tongue
mdawg I have surge brakes with my trailer. I'm sure you can hook up an E-brake controller.
mdawg4x4 Wrote:That's great. I keep hearing good reports about this truck's ability to tow. And I don't even have a trailer hitch.

I wonder if I could pull my Jeep when we go riding far away?

Ask Irongrave I think he tows his MR2 to the track all the time
[Image: 3gears.gif]06 CC 4X2 6sp Avalanche White NISMO SPORT[Image: drive.gif]
[Image: 43d20b1b.jpg]
Click on the picture for my Frontier thread
My boat and trailer is about 4500lbs no problem towing or getting the boat in and out of the water. Just like FRXS says make sure u got brakes on anything over 1500lbs.

Factory tow rating is 6500lb max. Basically class III so surge brakes are good. I have a backup solenoid on the trailer so I tapped into the reverse light for powering the switch. I live in S.Florida so I am always going in the salt water too.....

I used and old flat four pin connector, anyone that has a boat has plenty of wiring because of the lights going out all the time.
[size=4]Injen intake
2.5 dual into 3"single muffler exhaust
B/A S95(3) 6x9 Ft
Kicker ks650.2 6.5 component RR
Kenwood KAC-7204 Amp (mid-tweet)
[/size]