Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone good with electronic devices?
As the title says, is anyone good with electronic devices, IE making motor controllers?
2006 Frontier CC LE NISMO SPORT Silver Streak

Mods: Custom Dynomax Exhaust, Red Calipers, Fog lights on all the time, Airaid Quickfit w/ AEM Dryflow with modified top, Headlight Adjustment Mod, Backup Lights, Leaf Spring Helpers Traction Mod, Hood Protector, 2* timing advance, APC Sport Pedals, TB Screen Delete, Ram Air Grille Mod, Power Brake Mod, Sylvania Ultra Brights

Pics of my truck and ideas http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k302/ ... /Frontier/
[Image: ava.jpg][Image: avatarcopy-1.jpg]
i did some electronic stuff in college. controlling different things, such as dc motors, using digital and analog methods.... i dont have any equipment though....
2006 Nismo CC 4x4 -- 18'' Mazzi wheels with 285/65/18 BFG AT's and stock Nismo wheels painted graphite with 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, PRG 2'' lift, Access Lorado tonneau, Airaid intake, 2* timeing advance, helper spring mod, Rear Diff Locker mod, projector headlights w/ 6000k HID's, LED turn signal & tail lights, 60'' LED light bar under tailgate, Alpine CDA-9857 HU, 30GB Ipod, Kicker KX600.4 & KX600.1 amps, Kicker Resolution components (front & rear), Kicker L7 8's (2), Stinger wiring, Optima battery, ScanGauge II, Python 990 Remote Start/Security System

[Image: DSCN23042222222.jpg] [Image: 4xuvddwsq0.gif] [Image: DSCN3000.jpg]
Well you could be helpfull. I need to build a device that takes a signal from a tachometer and runs a motor. You know how to do that?

Mods: Custom Dynomax Exhaust, Red Calipers, Fog lights on all the time, Airaid Quickfit w/ AEM Dryflow with modified top, Headlight Adjustment Mod, Backup Lights, Leaf Spring Helpers Traction Mod, Hood Protector, 2* timing advance, APC Sport Pedals, TB Screen Delete, Ram Air Grille Mod, Power Brake Mod, Sylvania Ultra Brights

Pics of my truck and ideas http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k302/ ... /Frontier/
on ours don't think you can with out killing warranty we run a digital based gauge pack so you would need to tap into that line and thats a big nono
Irongrave Wrote:on ours don't think you can with out killing warranty we run a digital based gauge pack so you would need to tap into that line and thats a big nono

Who says its on ours... 165

Newman Wrote:Well you could be helpfull. I need to build a device that takes a signal from a tachometer and runs a motor. You know how to do that?

concept seems simple, but making something like this is wayyyy over my head. lets just say this motor you want to run is dc. since the signal to the tach is digital, you would need some sort of controller that can interpret a digital signal and turn it into a dc voltage. you can program the controller how ever you want. ie: the guage reads 3000 rpm because of the digtial signal "x" coming from the vehicles computer. "x" would also be fed into your controller, and then your controler would put out a dc voltage to the motor. you can program the controller however you want. 1k rpm = 1volt, 2k = 2v, 3k = 4v. you can do any type of calculation, such as logarithmic. it all has to do with how the controller is programmed.

what i learned was very basic. this may be way out in left field for someone who actually works with this type of thing. but i think you get the basic concept. i have no idea how to make something like this. i had one in college, but it was "premade" we hooked them up to computers and programmed them through the serial port. it was a short class that i had to take. i was doing this most of the time 177 ..........so i didnt learn much lol.
2006 Nismo CC 4x4 -- 18'' Mazzi wheels with 285/65/18 BFG AT's and stock Nismo wheels painted graphite with 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, PRG 2'' lift, Access Lorado tonneau, Airaid intake, 2* timeing advance, helper spring mod, Rear Diff Locker mod, projector headlights w/ 6000k HID's, LED turn signal & tail lights, 60'' LED light bar under tailgate, Alpine CDA-9857 HU, 30GB Ipod, Kicker KX600.4 & KX600.1 amps, Kicker Resolution components (front & rear), Kicker L7 8's (2), Stinger wiring, Optima battery, ScanGauge II, Python 990 Remote Start/Security System

[Image: DSCN23042222222.jpg] [Image: 4xuvddwsq0.gif] [Image: DSCN3000.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GOOD MORNING! Sandiegan05fronty 469 343,993 11-05-2010, 06:58 AM
Last Post: mdawg4x4
  Is your food good enough for you? BlackTigerSE 8 7,719 02-18-2009, 04:49 PM
Last Post: BlackTigerSE
  Good news / sad news Shift_Avenger 35 24,493 05-07-2008, 01:19 AM
Last Post: carphreak
  Good ol' Days Sandiegan05fronty 3 3,861 02-24-2008, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Sandiegan05fronty
  Good Nature Video RDNF 1 2,999 08-19-2007, 12:25 PM