Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WRP IMS Update
So i finally got this off my truck. Thanks to a certain member who's buying it from me. I finally replaced the broken stud and the .... threaded bolts, thanks to a shop 2 blocks away who let me borrow their stud remover socket and gave me all the bolts needed. They didn't want any money from me but i was so darn happy to get those studs off and replaced that i insisted on giving at-least $10 for the bolts and the lend on the stud remover socket. After i took it off and drove around, i did notice a slight decrease in low end power. Surprisingly, the gaskets held up well on the IMS and their were no signs of a leak around the Intake manifold/IMS. I'll get some pictures up asap. The Superchip tune will make up for the IMS 185
07 SE KC 4x4 6M M226 3.538 10"R/10"F Wheel Travel
Volant CAI
SuperChip Tuned
FlowMaster Delta 50 2.25" 2 in 1 out Y-Pipe
PRG Frontier Titan Swap 4" Lift In Front; 2.0 Radflos, SPC UCA
Shackle/Leaf/Bilstein - 3" Lift In Rear
Rock Sliders And Shrockworks Skid Plate Set

285/75/16 Goodyear Wranglers
good to hear!
05 Nissan Frontier 4x4, Stillen SuperCharger, BFG AT's Tongue
[Image: P1010723.jpg]
[Image: P1010724.jpg]
[Image: P1010726.jpg]
Volant CAI
SuperChip Tuned

Cool, thanks for sharing. Let us know about the Cortex. I am itching for one 185
[Image: 3gears.gif]06 CC 4X2 6sp Avalanche White NISMO SPORT[Image: drive.gif]
[Image: 43d20b1b.jpg]
Click on the picture for my Frontier thread
The cortex is worth getting, because of the WOT option. If you can find the chip for under $350 than go for it. It does make a difference. I bought mine for $300 and it's a bargain! No regrets.
Volant CAI
SuperChip Tuned

Go for it. Talk about fun! I can never go back to stock tune now... 165
[Image: sigph.jpg]
(04-15-2009, 04:16 PM)BlackTigerSE Wrote:  So i finally got this off my truck. Thanks to a certain member who's buying it from me. I finally replaced the broken stud and the .... threaded bolts, thanks to a shop 2 blocks away who let me borrow their stud remover socket and gave me all the bolts needed. They didn't want any money from me but i was so darn happy to get those studs off and replaced that i insisted on giving at-least $10 for the bolts and the lend on the stud remover socket. After i took it off and drove around, i did notice a slight decrease in low end power. Surprisingly, the gaskets held up well on the IMS and their were no signs of a leak around the Intake manifold/IMS. I'll get some pictures up asap. The Superchip tune will make up for the IMS 185

I have my XTP IMS installed WITH my Superchips for double the pleasure. Why'd you want to take the IMS off? You should run a flat paper style gasket. I had an original GB#3 IMS from WRP that had the screwed up channels and I ran a paper gasket with it for 1.5 years with no problems. I am now running one of my own.
2006 Frontier CC 4x4 LE NISMO SPORT Stormgray -
Performance: Airaid Quickfit CAI w/AEM dry filter, XTP I.M.S., 2* Advance,TB Screen removal, Magnaflow Y-pipe, SuperChips Cortex
Exterior: OEM running boards, OEM hood guard, PIAA Xtreme White Plus bulbs in headlights & Fogs, Black Bullet BullBar, PIAA 520 Ion Crystal fogs, Hidden Hitch, OEM Nismo skidplates, Truck-Tec tonneau,Thule rack w/wind deflector,Billet Grill 4 piece
Interior: Pioneer AVIC-F700BT Navigation, Blue LED swap in Gauges
Suspension: PRG Advanced 4WD 2.5" lift w/TC UCAs, 1" DIY BL, Suspension Connection Titan Sway bar bushings
Wheels/Tires: American Outlaw Buckshot 17x9 wheels, 265/70/17 Nitto Terra-Grappler ATs
Other: McMaster-Carr Hood lift mod, Painted wiper panel.
(07-30-2010, 01:48 PM)NCFronty Wrote:  
(04-15-2009, 04:16 PM)BlackTigerSE Wrote:  So i finally got this off my truck. Thanks to a certain member who's buying it from me. I finally replaced the broken stud and the .... threaded bolts, thanks to a shop 2 blocks away who let me borrow their stud remover socket and gave me all the bolts needed. They didn't want any money from me but i was so darn happy to get those studs off and replaced that i insisted on giving at-least $10 for the bolts and the lend on the stud remover socket. After i took it off and drove around, i did notice a slight decrease in low end power. Surprisingly, the gaskets held up well on the IMS and their were no signs of a leak around the Intake manifold/IMS. I'll get some pictures up asap. The Superchip tune will make up for the IMS 185

I have my XTP IMS installed WITH my Superchips for double the pleasure. Why'd you want to take the IMS off? You should run a flat paper style gasket. I had an original GB#3 IMS from WRP that had the screwed up channels and I ran a paper gasket with it for 1.5 years with no problems. I am now running one of my own.

At the time, i think their were bad reviews with paper gaskets that made me turn away from it, and so i just sold the thing with a $100 loss when i had the chance.

The IMS made a difference, but not enough to make me miss it. I wish it would have given a little more "umph", like the Wide Open Throttle tune from the Superchips or my when i got my first mod (volant). Right now, i'm not in a hurry to buy the XTP, because i know what to expect... and the price is a little high from my experience owning the original IMS, even at $230. The $230 on volant and $300 on superchips was worth every penny + more. Maybe I'm talking out of my a$$, since it has been a long time since i had the IMS experience.

I would like to see someone out there test the theory of a thicker IMS adding more low end torque.
Volant CAI
SuperChip Tuned