Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MODIFICATIONS YOU CAN DO TO YOUR TRUCK!!!
Ok, this is a good idea for a thread. The idea just came to me and i know it's going to gain popularity!

The purpose of this thread is to list a modification that you can do to your truck!!! Who knows, their might be something i have not done to my truck yet, because i was unaware! If you want more information regarding to that particular mod that has been posted, ASK or PM that person! We are all here to help!

I'll start off.

CUSTOM UCA BUMP STOP
PM me if you want to learn how to make a custom uca bump stops and ill direct you to my page, so you don't have to search for it 165
07 SE KC 4x4 6M M226 3.538 10"R/10"F Wheel Travel
Volant CAI
SuperChip Tuned
FlowMaster Delta 50 2.25" 2 in 1 out Y-Pipe
PRG Frontier Titan Swap 4" Lift In Front; 2.0 Radflos, SPC UCA
Shackle/Leaf/Bilstein - 3" Lift In Rear
Rock Sliders And Shrockworks Skid Plate Set

285/75/16 Goodyear Wranglers
axle vent mod
bed lighting
back up lights
diff temp guage
tranny temp gauge
volt gauge
high capacity diff cover
traction bars
air bags
leveling kit, mini lift (PRG)
Painted calipers
CB install
Nismo cai install
diff oil change

I'm sure I'll think of more. 164
[Image: sigph.jpg]
Titan suspension Swap!
Volant CAI
SuperChip Tuned

Here's my .02
TB Screen Delete, Airbox tube delete, K&N filter swap.
'05 KC NISMO 6 spd.'08 Rogue SL AWD
Performance: Series 77 K&N CAI*Gibson SS Catback* Power Aid Throttle Body Spacer* 2 degree timing advance*Helper Leaf Springs*7 point Grounding kit*TB mesh delete mod
Exterior Mods: Hyper White Xenon Bulbs 5000K Temp*Sport Track Bike Rack*Pilot 330C Fog lights*20% Tints*Red Calipers*black SE wheels*Euro style smoked tail lights*vinyl smoked third brake light*stubby 14" antenna*debadged*custom mesh grill powder coated black
Interior Mods: APC aluminum pedals*aluminum shift knob*LED interior lights*OEM All weather mats*Pathfinder switch covers
[Image: 3gears.gif]06 CC 4X2 6sp Avalanche White NISMO SPORT[Image: drive.gif]
[Image: 43d20b1b.jpg]
Click on the picture for my Frontier thread
How about a NISMO sticker? Good for 28 HP. 164
Don't MAKE me list all of my truck's mods. 165
WhistlerWzrd Wrote:Here's my .02
TB Screen Delete, Airbox tube delete, K&N filter swap.

The TB Screen. Don't you have to buy the airaid kit to get that screen? Or is it on our trucks already?
Volant CAI
SuperChip Tuned

The screen is on the truck. I removed it when I installed my TBS, but others have done it without a TBS

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://frontyspot.com/frontier/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=529]viewtopic.php?f=24&t=529[/url]<!-- l -->
Shift_Avenger Wrote:The screen is on the truck. I removed it when I installed my TBS, but others have done it without a TBS

http://frontyspot.com/frontier/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=529
Thanks!! I'll be doing this on the 16th! Right before i get the sliders welded on!

Also shifty, theres another mod you can do around that area of the engine....some kind of easy bypass mod? Do you know what im talking about?

Edit: by the way, how was the gas mileage after you cut the screen out? What did you notice?
Volant CAI
SuperChip Tuned

I noticed more low end. Gas mileage about the same because of the lead foot disease I contracted when I was born 165
BlackTigerSE Wrote:
Shift_Avenger Wrote:The screen is on the truck. I removed it when I installed my TBS, but others have done it without a TBS

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://frontyspot.com/frontier/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=529]viewtopic.php?f=24&t=529[/url]<!-- l -->
Thanks!! I'll be doing this on the 16th! Right before i get the sliders welded on!

Also shifty, theres another mod you can do around that area of the engine....some kind of easy bypass mod? Do you know what im talking about?

Edit: by the way, how was the gas mileage after you cut the screen out? What did you notice?

You are referring to the TB bypass mode, <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://frontyspot.com/frontier/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=103st]viewtopic.php?f=24&t=103st[/url]<!-- l -->
Also do not forget to check out the How to section:

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://frontyspot.com/frontier/viewforum.php?f=24]viewforum.php?f=24[/url]<!-- l -->
I do not know if this counts as a modification but one of the first things I did to my truck was to adjust the headlights to improve light output by turning the adjustment wheels a full 2 turns for each headlight
Thanks again shift! That was exactly what i was looking for and will be doing those two mods!

I tried doing the headlight thing...could not figure out how to adjust them to point up or down.

^^^Adjusting the lights will fall under modifying your truck 163
Volant CAI
SuperChip Tuned

Shift_Avenger Wrote:Also do not forget to check out the How to section:

http://frontyspot.com/frontier/viewforum.php?f=24

Yes i know! Thanks for the reminder. Another reason why this thread was started, was to show all the mods under diy section and anything else that has not been mentioned can be added...if somebody decides to make a write up on it. This will improve the DIY section and hopefully more how to topics will be posted.
I've beeen thinking...how about painting our tailgate cover (the plastic piece) that supports the release handle and nissan emblem/symbol. I bet somebody can do this, since it has already been applied under the hood (engine cover) I am thinking maybe a grey and black tiger onto the plastic part of the tailgate. Anybody know where i can get an outline of a tiger?...so i can spray paint that sucker onto the back of my truck. Reason why i want to do this, is because im going to change the cosmetic of my front end...(grille). I'll be more than happy to give up some cash to make this happen if somebody wants to do this for me.

PAINTED NISSAN ENGINE COVER and hopefully the plastic part on the tailgate.

[Image: BackupLights001.jpg]
Volant CAI
SuperChip Tuned

BlackTigerSE Wrote:I've beeen thinking...how about painting our tailgate cover (the plastic piece) that supports the release handle and nissan emblem/symbol. I bet somebody can do this, since it has already been applied under the hood (engine cover) I am thinking maybe a grey and black tiger onto the plastic part of the tailgate. Anybody know where i can get an outline of a tiger?...so i can spray paint that sucker onto the back of my truck. Reason why i want to do this, is because im going to change the cosmetic of my front end...(grille). I'll be more than happy to give up some cash to make this happen if somebody wants to do this for me.

PAINTED NISSAN ENGINE COVER and hopefully the plastic part on the tailgate.

[Image: BackupLights001.jpg]

get it touch with scotsbro, he can probably do it
^^ Yep, Scottsbro23, I am pretty sure he has a blank vq40 cover in his garage though you may be without the back bib for a while. I am sure he doesnt have one of those laying around.
[Image: sigph.jpg]
Spammer alert! ^

Angry
06 NISMO - 2" PRG spacer/deaver - Banks Power - Cooper STT's on Pathfinder wheels - PIAA's
06 Titan - 2" PRG spacer/blocks - Banks Power - Volant - 33" Toyos - Carriage works grille - Bully dog tuner
91 Hardbody SEV6 Auto 4x4. 95 frame. 2" suspension lift ARB springs Calmini UCA/shackles SwayAway T-bars. 2" body lift. Custom exhaust with magnaflow. 33x12.5R15 DC MC Tires on 15x10 Ultra 50/51 aluminum wheels. Custom bed, sliders, and bumpers coming soon!
66 Patrol.... it's orange...

(12-29-2009, 12:12 PM)eglaisi Wrote:  Spammer alert! ^

Angry

Thanks Eric. Got em.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
I didn't see this on anybody's list and it's a easy mod that I did a while back and that's to add hood struts.
2005 Nissan Frontier Nismo Crew Cab 4.0 liter V-6 4x4...PRG mini lift/Truxedo tonneau cover/ Window tint/ Pathfinder brushed aluminum switch plate covers/ Bed extender/ Manik prerunner bar/ Trail Gear Sliders/ Baja fog lights/ Hi lift jack/ Mag lite mount/ 285/75/16 Cooper M/T Tires/ Hood struts
So I saw this thread and thought this is perfect. I just bought a 2000 4x4 Frontier Crew Cab XE V6 as a lil daily driver/toy. I'm just curious if this is a decent platform to build and mess around on? If so any direction to a site with performance accessories dedicated to the Frontier would be appreciated as well as any info on what I can do to my truck. Thanx
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it...alNumber=2]
Welcome to The Spot. There are a few things you can do to the 1st generation Frontier, which ended with the 2004 model. The easiest would be to add a cold air intake and free flowing exhaust. You don't gain much, but should be able to tell a little difference. My son added the NISMO cold air intake and a Flowmaster 40 series muffler the turns down and dumps right behind the muffler. I am not sure about programmers for the 1st generation. Calmini makes a 3" lift kit that will give you room for 32" tires with a little big hammer influence at the front lower part of the rocker panel. There is a flange that sticks out just enough to rub the tires while turning.

The aftermarket has really begun to jump on the Frontier scene with the 2nd generation Frontier, 2005 an newer. If you ever get a chance to drive one you will like the 4.0L V6 a lot better than the 3.3L you have, especially if you like performance.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
A suspension lift is definitely a nice modification. It can improve ride quality and allows you to fit bigger tires.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pics of my Truck in the "wild" BlueZ 1 4,102 04-08-2015, 07:04 PM
Last Post: mdawg4x4
  My new 2015 Truck!! BlueZ 22 15,392 03-26-2015, 04:24 AM
Last Post: BlueZ
  What color truck do you have - post a pic Shift_Avenger 88 94,395 03-21-2015, 06:21 PM
Last Post: BlueZ
  My truck is finally here!! crash77 8 8,109 10-17-2011, 03:32 PM
Last Post: krh2
  Truck would not start - clicking noise Shift_Avenger 2 5,145 10-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Last Post: Shift_Avenger
  new addtions to the truck Firebreed 3 4,745 10-03-2010, 02:51 PM
Last Post: La Queen
  Truck is wigging out! silverback 5 5,704 03-14-2010, 09:08 AM
Last Post: silverback
  Cool old truck Shift_Avenger 9 8,532 09-24-2009, 10:49 AM
Last Post: OkieScot
  Want a Project Truck! :-) Sandiegan05fronty 67 48,319 07-08-2009, 10:29 PM
Last Post: LilRedExpress
  My truck helping Sandiegan05fronty 6 6,134 06-24-2009, 01:52 PM
Last Post: carphreak