Poll: Do you have the tow pkg?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
70.00%
21 70.00%
No
30.00%
9 30.00%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
~Poll~Do you have the tow pkg?
(02-26-2014, 06:34 PM)mdawg4x4 Wrote:  Lift kit for a camper... Smile

Funny you should mention that, 4" (spring/axle flip) and new wheels/tires on the way from e trailer. Big Grin

From 175/80 13 to 225/75 15

We boondock it.
2013 Crew Cab Pro-4X
The 7 pin is a round plug with flat connectors arranged in a circle. The 4 pin is flat and uses round connectors. You can get an adapter to go from 7 pin to 4 pin.
I understand the concern for blocking the spare tire access hole. I never thought about it before. I remember seeing a Navara (Frontier in other countries) with the LED light bar just under the tailgate, but, again, never thought about spare tire access.

Burtman Industries actually shows a lightbar on a Frontier on their site. It looks to me like it will block the hole used to lower the spare.
http://www.burtmanindustries.com/zoompro..._light_bar

[Image: led_light_red.jpg]
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
All the wiring save for a short jumper and a couple relays that need to be installed in the passenger footwell is already in place.

The 7pin allows you to use a trailer brake controller in the future if you install one and need to do so; it can also be adapted down to a 6 or 4 pin. A 4pin just passes the basic brake/signal through.
Star 
(03-03-2014, 01:08 PM)mdawg4x4 Wrote:  The 7 pin is a round plug with flat connectors arranged in a circle. The 4 pin is flat and uses round connectors. You can get an adapter to go from 7 pin to 4 pin.
I understand the concern for blocking the spare tire access hole. I never thought about it before. I remember seeing a Navara (Frontier in other countries) with the LED light bar just under the tailgate, but, again, never thought about spare tire access.

Burtman Industries actually shows a lightbar on a Frontier on their site. It looks to me like it will block the hole used to lower the spare.

Yeah thank you for the brake down. Yeah i read you but need to cut ans past or J/B weald some parts of the LED to keep it waterproof.

(03-03-2014, 09:12 PM)Phelan Wrote:  All the wiring save for a short jumper and a couple relays that need to be installed in the passenger footwell is already in place.

The 7pin allows you to use a trailer brake controller in the future if you install one and need to do so; it can also be adapted down to a 6 or 4 pin. A 4pin just passes the basic brake/signal through.

I had a coworkers explain the 4 pin and 7 pin and the adapters I didn't know there was a 6 pin Huh but cool beans for the info and I've seen some videos looks quite simple to install and find the relays. Thank you! Big Grin
(03-04-2014, 04:03 AM)rickof956 Wrote:  
(03-03-2014, 01:08 PM)mdawg4x4 Wrote:  The 7 pin is a round plug with flat connectors arranged in a circle. The 4 pin is flat and uses round connectors. You can get an adapter to go from 7 pin to 4 pin.

Yeah thank you for the brake down. Yeah i read you but need to cut ans past or J/B weald some parts of the LED to keep it waterproof.

(03-03-2014, 09:12 PM)Phelan Wrote:  All the wiring save for a short jumper and a couple relays that need to be installed in the passenger footwell is already in place.

I had a coworkers explain the 4 pin and 7 pin and the adapters I didn't know there was a 6 pin Huh but cool beans for the info and I've seen some videos looks quite simple to install and find the relays. Thank you! Big Grin

Only seen a 6 pin once on an old trailer, honestly not sure what is functionally different about it versus the 4 or 7.

If you're at all handy with a wrench it shouldn't take more than a couple hours to unbox all the parts and get them installed. I would recommend a set of jack stands to help hold the hitch in place if you don't have any friends who'll come by and help. It's not all that heavy until you're trying to bench press it and tighten the bolts simultaneously.
What he said. I bought my from U-Haul, and for the no more they wanted to install it, I let them do it. I installed the Nissan 7-Pin harness myself. Took all of 10 minutes max.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
Mine has the tow package factory installed...I haven't used it yet though and don't know what plug it has...truck is a 2014 4x4 Crew Cab SV trim with the value truck package.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
(03-09-2014, 06:02 PM)Ridgerunner665 Wrote:  Mine has the tow package factory installed...I haven't used it yet though and don't know what plug it has...truck is a 2014 4x4 Crew Cab SV trim with the value truck package.

You probably got the seven. (Look in mod section about moving it to your bumper so you don't smash it off like me and most other Fronty owners while out 4x4'in)
2013 Crew Cab Pro-4X
(03-09-2014, 06:52 PM)FRONT4X Wrote:  
(03-09-2014, 06:02 PM)Ridgerunner665 Wrote:  Mine has the tow package factory installed...I haven't used it yet though and don't know what plug it has...truck is a 2014 4x4 Crew Cab SV trim with the value truck package.

You probably got the seven. (Look in mod section about moving it to your bumper so you don't smash it off like me and most other Fronty owners while out 4x4'in)

I noticed how that might happen...thanks for the tip!

I won't be doing any heavy off roading but it will be up in the hills plenty...a hunting vehicle is the primary reason I bought it.

(03-09-2014, 07:00 PM)Ridgerunner665 Wrote:  
(03-09-2014, 06:52 PM)FRONT4X Wrote:  

I noticed how that might happen...thanks for the tip!

I won't be doing any heavy off roading but it will be up in the hills plenty...a hunting vehicle is the primary reason I bought it.

Here's the link, I did mine too

http://www.frontyspot.com/fronty/showthr...9737225392
2013 Crew Cab Pro-4X
Same here. The plug should be through the bumper from the factory.