Poll: Do you have the tow pkg?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
70.00%
21 70.00%
No
30.00%
9 30.00%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
~Poll~Do you have the tow pkg?
Who has the towing...
05 Nissan Frontier 4x4, Stillen SuperCharger, BFG AT's Tongue
Yes, good for off road use 178 Protects my chrome bumper
07 SE KC 4x4 6M M226 3.538 10"R/10"F Wheel Travel
Volant CAI
SuperChip Tuned
FlowMaster Delta 50 2.25" 2 in 1 out Y-Pipe
PRG Frontier Titan Swap 4" Lift In Front; 2.0 Radflos, SPC UCA
Shackle/Leaf/Bilstein - 3" Lift In Rear
Rock Sliders And Shrockworks Skid Plate Set

285/75/16 Goodyear Wranglers
Ok, another question. Who has the 4 pin and who has the 7 pin?
They gave me the lame 4 pin. 174
7 pin
2005 Electric Blue Custom Flaking Paint courtesy of Nissan.
EB_05_NISMO Wrote:7 pin

179 Wonder why I got the 4 pin. 174
7 pin, hanging for now until I get around to installing it in the bumper
[Image: 3gears.gif]06 CC 4X2 6sp Avalanche White NISMO SPORT[Image: drive.gif]
[Image: 43d20b1b.jpg]
Click on the picture for my Frontier thread
U-Haul hitch, installed by me, $110.00 delivered in CA with no tax, cheaper than having to go to U-Haul and pick it up.

Nissan 7 pin ordered from on-line retailer, installed by me so it will work correctly.

7 to 4 pin converter with proper wiring indicator lights from Wal-Mart. Great because it let me test the wiring when I put it on and still usable each time I need to haul a 4 pin.

Total cost of all was under $200.00 compared to the $300.00 plus for the package from a Nissan dealer.

So, not sure if I qualify as having the towing package, as I didn't pay the price and do not have that big piece of sheet metal on the hitch to hold the wiring, so I can't tell how to vote.

Will be using it this weekend to pull a small tree and an old stump out though! Bought recovery straps so that if they break they won't kill anyone.
There is no option for "had it". I removed mine since I don't tow. It is laying in the garage with the 7 pin. I might be interested in selling it by the way. It would help towards the UpRev tune. 166
Don't have it. Don't have anything to pull at the time. But, would be nice to have a recovery point in the rear (receiver shackle).
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
i just cut the hole in the plastic bumper piece and mounted the ball over there...wish i had the tow package deal.
Current Mods: Fog Lights, All around 20% tint, and Adjusted headlights.[/color]
Mine came with it.
The dealer said they had a grey CC SWB 4x4 with grey interior and gave me a price. When I showed up they didn't have it on the lot. So I test drove a silver LWB CC 4x4 with the tow package just to gage the ride. After getting approved the pud collar told me the quote I got was for a 4x2 shortbox without the tow package. I told them to F off I'll get my price @ another dealer. The manager came over and asked what he could do to keep my business, and I told him to give me the agread price on the agread truck. Without even looking at the papers he said yes. The salesman shrugged his shoulders, I keped my mouth shut, signed the papers and walked away with a more expensive Silver LWB CC 4x4 with Grey interior. Oh yeah to the point ... it's a 7 pin.
Your first shot puts him down, then you put one in his brain. Then he's dead, then we go home.
-Tic Tac
`````________
_____l_l__,\___\,__
l_---_l_l_---_[=lllllll=]
`()_)'' ``()_)--''--)_)

Shift _¯Elevation
'07 CC LWB SE 4x4
Opiate Wrote:Mine came with it.
The dealer said they had a grey CC SWB 4x4 with grey interior and gave me a price. When I showed up they didn't have it on the lot. So I test drove a silver LWB CC 4x4 with the tow package just to gage the ride. After getting approved the pud collar told me the quote I got was for a 4x2 shortbox without the tow package. I told them to F off I'll get my price @ another dealer. The manager came over and asked what he could do to keep my business, and I told him to give me the agread price on the agread truck. Without even looking at the papers he said yes. The salesman shrugged his shoulders, I keped my mouth shut, signed the papers and walked away with a more expensive Silver LWB CC 4x4 with Grey interior. Oh yeah to the point ... it's a 7 pin.

185 Awesome for you......
Dang it wonder why I got the lame 5 pin. 174
(05-10-2008, 03:47 PM)Sandiegan05fronty Wrote:  Ok, another question. Who has the 4 pin and who has the 7 pin?
They gave me the lame 4 pin. 174
They didn't give me anything....I added the hitch and 4 pin wiring (with the relays), because my rinky dink trailer only has 4 pin wiring. What (besides the camper trailers) uses the 7 pin?
Some heavier trailers have electric trailer brakes, boats and car haulers. But a lot of those are going to the inertia style brakes.
I bought the 7-pin harness and a 7-4 pin adapter harness.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
I got my hitch from etrailer.com I bought the receiver and harness from them, (I already had the slide in part). It bolted right up and the harness plugged right in. (4 pin)
2013 Crew Cab Pro-4X
(05-22-2013, 08:12 AM)Front11 Wrote:  I got my hitch from etrailer.com I bought the receiver and harness from them, (I already had the slide in part). It bolted right up and the harness plugged right in. (4 pin)

Did you get the relays that go behind the RH kick panel to support the additional electrical loading?
No, I'll check on that
2013 Crew Cab Pro-4X
I have 08cc lwb with a hitch and 7 pin. Can i tell by looking if i have a tow package as compared to an aftermarket install? Tacos have an extra radiator for the tranny etc.

Thanks

D
I don't think there is any difference between tow and non-tow except for the harness and hitch.
I bought the factory 7 pin harness and a U-Haul hitch. I installed the 7-pin plug through the bumper vs hanging from the bumper. That way it will not get dragged off when going through a low spot offroad.
There is no difference. With the tow package you pay extra for the dealer/plant to mount the hitch and harness, and plug in a couple of wiring bundles.
I pulled the hitch off my 11 before trading it in and bought a 7 pin and harness. Bolted right up and plugged right in, added a brake controller too. Tows my little Viking 14R like BUTTAH!
2013 Crew Cab Pro-4X
Nice little trailer.
http://www.coachmenrv.com/products/vikin...irtualtour

[Image: vikingttmain.jpg]
Oh I really like it. I didn't like the way the sewer sat low like it did. I take it "boondocking" a lot and was worried about bottoming out and dumping accidentally by breaking. I flipped the axle and lifted it a good 4" plus. Now I can get back into the desert where I want without worrying about breaking sewer connections off. We quickly learned that we needed a double flip out, instead of the single step so I ordered that and installed it. GVWR is 3532 so I'm well below the 6100 lbs max cap on my truck. Tows on or off road, just like BUTTAH. (next mod bigger tires and wheels, 29/30" and a solar panel)
2013 Crew Cab Pro-4X
Lift kit for a camper... Smile
Mine didn't come with the tow pak I think. Was thinking of installing a 4 pin and getting the relays with it. But I need to check that I Dont already have the relays on. I want to install a 49" in LED bar and it uses the 4 pin. What is the difference from the 4 pin and 7 pin and there are 2 connections on my 06 Nissan under then tail end of my bed driver side. Is that normal? Another thing will it be in the way of my spaire tire whole? I've been looking into them more and more. Like to be seen. Lol Big Grin