Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nismo CAI
So my new Nismo CAI showed up about a week ago. I couldn't wait to put it on.

This is the final product.
[Image: truckparts031.jpg]

You first have to remove the old factory intake and the forward and rear engine cover.

lower half of the airbox

[Image: truckparts003.jpg]

aft engine cover and upper half of airbox

[Image: truckparts002.jpg]

forward engine cover and air filter

[Image: truckparts004.jpg]

What you are left with
[Image: truckparts007.jpg]

[Image: truckparts025.jpg]

[Image: truckparts009.jpg]

and you must remove the oil breather/Exhaust gas re-circulation hose.
[Image: truckparts011-1.jpg]

Now to start putting parts back in

The first thing I did was install the gasket around the top of the heat shield. I had to use a pair of cable cutters to get this to fit because the 2 pieces were about an inch too long and hung over the end of the heat shield.

[Image: truckparts030-1.jpg]

[Image: truckparts012-1.jpg]

I then installed the new breather/EGR hose using the factory clamps

[Image: truckparts025.jpg]

I then installed the factory MAF sensor using the factory hardware into the new intake tube

[Image: truckparts022-1.jpg]

I had a little trouble mounting the heat-shield. Not a big deal, it seemed to be because the box was made from such heavy guage steel. I just inserted the 2 bolts loosely.

[Image: truckparts014.jpg]

Followed by these 2 bolts also inserted loosely

[Image: truckparts018.jpg]

[Image: truckparts019.jpg]

You can see here the hole not lining up the way it was supposed too. like I said I just inserted the first 2 loosely and it allowed me to persuade the box into alignment. Basically it gave me the necessary leverage

[Image: truckparts015.jpg]

This other hole didn't want to line up as well but as before it was soon massaged into agreement.

[Image: truckparts016.jpg]

Once the heatshield was mounted in place this little spacer/vibration dampner was bolted to the heat shield. it is basically 2 bolts with their heads mounted in a piece of rubber 180 degrees apart.

[Image: truckparts026.jpg]

The air intake tube mounts to this same dampner on one end and the other end fits to the throttle body via the factory isolation mount and pipe clamps.

[Image: truckparts024.jpg]

[Image: truckparts023.jpg]

I then installed the included air filter

[Image: truckparts030.jpg]

Applied the C.A.R.B. sticker. I didn't have to being that I live in Florida, but why not.

[Image: truckparts032.jpg]

And i was left with this

[Image: truckparts031.jpg]

So far I have noticed a little loss of low end torque, but I hope the soon to be installed exhaust will fix that. And I have noticed a little better fuel economy when I can keep my foot out of it, about 1.5 mpg. But I love the sound it makes, it is very loud and throaty.
Allen Harrelson

2008 crew cab 'Majestic Blue' Nismo frontier.
clarion head unit. Rockford fosgate Black and grind 500a2, 600a4, 100z2, polk audio 6.5" separates front and rear, MMats audio tweeters in dash, 1.5 farad cap, visonic active crossover network, 2 Kicker CVT 10" subwoofers, tinted windows, ventvisors, Diamond plate bed cover, chrome side steps, chrome door protectors for handles, chrome mirror covers, some decal deletion, Throttle body by-pass, intake screen delete,
all Royal Purple vital fluids, iridium/platinum sparkplugs. TRAIN HORN from trainhorns of texas, More to come!!!Big Grin

2007 'Knight Armor' X-terra
Alpine head unit, kicker components front and rear, Magnaflo cat-back, throttle body by-pass, intake screen delete.

"Meh...If it works, it isn't stupid..."
You'll love it. I do mine. Get a K&N filter cover to help keep it clean.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
Looks great!
[Image: 3gears.gif]06 CC 4X2 6sp Avalanche White NISMO SPORT[Image: drive.gif]
[Image: 43d20b1b.jpg]
Click on the picture for my Frontier thread
These pictures are so much bigger on my laptop than they were on my phone! Smile
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
Looks great. I bet you like the new sound under your hood.
How is it? Does the CAI improve your truck's horsepower and fuel efficiency?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nismo Cold Air Intake awing 6 6,861 11-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Last Post: carphreak
  Low Price Nismo Parts BlackTigerSE 3 4,721 03-23-2008, 05:26 PM
Last Post: greybrick
  Nismo Exhaust on the way soon sleepy23 27 21,396 02-24-2008, 04:10 AM
Last Post: mastiff